Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:49 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Continued from Chapter VII.

The interior of the airship is mostly empty.

There is a teleportation circle, carefully inlaid in tiles on the floor. One of the tiles is prominently missing, though, rendering the device useless.

There is a throne, surrounded by odd devices in metal and gems - it looks like some sort of inside-out mechanical planetarium. Presumably this is the mechanism for controlling the vessel.

Venturing further into the airship, you can find bunks for the two gunners, as well as several unused bunks.
And last, there is a large storage area, containing only some basic food supplies.

Eventually, the rain eases up to a light drizzle.

The Duke's mansion is more or less a wreck - but the library is intact, and the fire is well and truly out. Of the Duke himself, there is no sign; however, a few of his retainers have shown up to survey the wreckage and see what can be salvaged from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:07 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart investigates the interior of the airship, unsatisfied until he's sure he knows how to control the ship. Afterwards, he will attempt to determine how the airship actually works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:38 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora stalks around the ship, hunting for any information on the Tavinoy mage or for items that could be used to help track him down. Once she's certain she's found everything she reasonably can, she turns to the peoples. Prisoners first, but she intends to see if any of the party that took out the bulk of the wererats has any information as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:02 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Stewart:
Basic principles of operating the airship are, for someone of your intellect, fairly straightforward. However, it has a number of more complicated controls and features with no immediately obvious purpose.
Likewise, the basics of how it works are fairly straightforward - a flying carpet functions on similar mechanisms, albeit far less sophisticated.

Aurora:
Searching the airship turns up little of interest; it seems the mage lived elsewhere and used the teleportation circle to come and go. However, that is not to say the the search is entirely uneventful. As you're searching one of the forward compartments, Null speaks up.
"The second task is complete. As it seems to be of interest to you, I will point out that you could request payment in the form of research on that wizard, or on your own origins."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:49 pm 
Lunatic

"I don't suppose knowing whether or not this information is something you know or merely something you are capable of finding out would constitute payment?" Aurora shakes her head irritably and speaks again. "The full name of the mage then, and what information you can give about my origins."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:17 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"The wizard goes by Abraxion; his name is Arthur Wright. He's one of the four most powerful individuals in the kingdom of Tavinoy, and the leading architect of their magic restricting laws. That much I can provide for free; I suspect you could learn most of it from one or another of your current companions, anyway."

Null sounds like it's grinning, as it adds, "And should you need his spellbook stolen - or journal if he has such a thing - you know who to ask."

"As for your origins... I have minimal concrete information currently available. I can verify that you are, at least by technicality, a demon - though your resonance is... unique. The other piece of fact I can provide is that one of the tasks is listed as 'Rescue your brother, Kerberos,' though what 'brother' means in this context is not entirely clear. I can share further speculations and possibilities now, if you wish. Otherwise, I will let you know when I have more information available."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:49 pm 
Lunatic

"Listed? While I generally don't concern myself overmuch with who I'm working for, too many puppeteers controlling each other makes for tangled cords that can too easily become a garrote or noose..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:28 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"A reasonable concern. The best assurance I can immediately offer is that I will not deliberately place you in such a situation; and that if such comes up I will do what I can to extricate you from it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:21 pm 
Lunatic

A nebulous "Hmm" is all the response that Null gets. The seeming concern in the dracolich's assurance has set Aurora on edge but her temper has cooled enough by this time no visible sign of her unease is shown in posture or tone. With that, Aurora heads out to see what Stewart and his companions are up to, and to see what more she can learn about the mage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:46 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart's tail is twitching like a hunter's following a scent, and that's all that can be seen of him at the moment. He appears to have crammed himself underneath some ledge and behind some boxes while attempting to discover what he can of the airship.