Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:16 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The interior seems to have been vacated in a hurried, if somewhat orderly fashion. Large items have been left behind - beds, chairs, a giant pot, a desk, and so on.

Sitting on the desk is a notice:
All troops are to proceed immediately to the northern pass. Scouts have located an orc army five days march out; we must prevent them from entering the valley.

There is no date on it, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:20 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"A clue! A clue!" shouts Ametrine, who retrieves the note and delivers it to Mr. Willoughby, before starting a new investigation of the pot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:17 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Mr. Willoughby reads the note carefully, and then hands it to Lauren. "Well done, Amertine," he says, nodding at the dragon.

"It appears that, once again, Greywind Manor is under attack-- an orc army was five days away from ours borders at the time this note was written. Consequently, the guards were withdrawn to protect the valley. As a member of the staff, it is my duty to join them in defense of the Manor. Any of you who wish to join me may, of course, do so."

His voice is soft and crisp, as always, but a minute strain flickers across Willoughby's composure. He occupies an unused chair, and proceeds to gaze levely at a small crystal ball which has unobtrusively materialized in his left hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:26 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I'll go with you!" says Ametrine, who attempts to visually determine if the butler can carry a young dragon on his shoulder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Mr. Willoughby: The scene in the crystal ball resolves to an image of the northern pass. It is minimally manned - the valley's most competent militia is not there. Most likely the kingdom levied troops, and those from this area haven't made it back yet. On the other hand, where there is strife, adventurers show up like flies; you can see several mercenary sorts around the northern pass as well. Some of them might even be marginally competent.

Ametrine: Probably. And if you try right now and it doesn't work, you can always pretend you meant to sit on the back of the chair Mr. Willoughby is in, anyway.

Lauren asks, "Will you need my help for this? If not, I'd like to continue on to the capital. Defending home has priority, but..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:28 am 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine executes the operation, hovering over to the chair and attempting to land on his shoulders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:44 am 
Missing Some Marbles

Mr. Willoughby's expression does not seem to change, but his visage seems somehow fiercer as Amertine lands. Perhaps it's just a thing that happens when you have a dragon on your shoulder.

"Thank you, Amertine. I greatly appreciate your assistance, and your companionship," says Willoughby, with a rare smile. He continues:

"Miss Lauren, my attempt to observe the Lady Eleanor has failed. I am not sure what this means. It is possible that, as you say, she has been kidnapped. Moreover, many of the best members of our militia have yet to reach the northern pass. Although I am in no position to assess our situation with our confidence, these are uncomfortable circumstances. I would be grateful if you could determine whether Lady Eleanor is safe; it would be best if someone were to proceed to the capital, at any rate."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:25 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Then Twill and I will continue in that direction. We should all probably hurry, too. Good luck!"

And Lauren and Twill depart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:14 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby watches them leave. Then he tidies up the outpost a little bit.

"Well, Amertine, it appears we'd best head for the northern pass. I'm ready to leave when you are."

He pauses for a bit.

"It'll be cold, you know."

And so Willoughby and Amertine set out for the northern pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:28 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

It's raining in the valley. Sullen clouds fill the area ahead of you, making it look like you could just walk straight across from the top of the pass.

Going in the valley will be slow.

Or, of course, you could take the hidden trails along the mountain ridge. Higher and colder, certainly, but above the rain clouds. And it's a nice scenic route, too.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next