Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:29 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Morning comes, at the Nameless Inn; sneaking up like some playful kitten. Skirrik is wise to its games, though - he's long since up and about, having somehow managed to squeeze out through the window to go hunting.

Of Twill or Lauren, there are no further signs, no new information to be had here. But the stay here represents valuable rest for Mr. Willoughby's horse, if nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:31 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby quietly steps forward and closes the window. He then turns to regard the room, looking considerably refreshed. Eyeing the plate of gingersnaps and the glass of lemonade, he idly wonders whether he's spoiling Amertine, and whether the spoiled dragon has gotten into any trouble in his absence.

Where IS Amertine, come to think of it....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:48 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine emerges from a trap door underneath one of the dressers. "Hey, Mr. Willoughby! There's a pyramid under the... gingersnaps!!" He proceeds to eat them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:32 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"Ah, I see you found the trap door, Amertine! Well done. A keen awareness of one's surroundings is often useful, especially for servants. I do not, however, recall placing a pyramid under the gingersnaps." Willoughby looks pleasantly puzzled. He walks over to the trapdoor and pokes at it with his cane, experimentally. He then opens the door, somewhat tentatively, and peers inside.

"This is an unusually luxurious feature for a luxury suite in an inn, Amertine. I have stayed in many inns over the course of my career, and relatively few of them have featured trapdoors. We are lucky."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Mouth full of gingersnaps, Ametrine revises his previous statement. "No, Mr. Willoughby! There's a pyramid under the inn! ... wait, we're lucky it has a trapdoor?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:48 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"Underneath the trapdoor, you say...?" Willoughby raises his left eyebrow a politely quizzical distance, and muses: "That is quite a singular feature for an inn to possess. Between the pyramid, the trapdoor, and the highly original interior design of the luxury suite, I daresay this inn is unique. Its builders must have been possessed of a certain iconoclasm."

"If I might make a suggestion.... were you to eat the gingersnaps a little bit more slowly, I think you would enjoy the taste of them more, and your supply of them would last a bit longer."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:34 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Yes, the lizards I met there says that they're keeping the rival of the god of madness locked up there, or something. I dunno; I think they might be crazy." Ametrine lowers his tail, and begins to eat the gingersnaps at a slower pace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:49 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"...the rival... of the god of madness? Locked up?" This news apparently warrants a full two-eyebrows-raised alarm. "Oh dear." Willoughby glides over to the bejeweled electric green desk which occupies one corner of the room and lays out an ink pot and parchment.

"Now, Amertine, please tell me exactly what you found. This sort of thing is far beyond my purview, and if it turns out to be a problem someone else must deal with it. It is important for you to be accurate in your description, so please try to remember things; on the other hand, don't worry too much about what you can't remember."

As Amertine speaks, Willoughby notes his story down in quick, fluid strokes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:31 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Um, okay." Ametrine relays the contents ofInterlude I to Mr. Willoughby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:12 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Weakening...." Willoughby's face flickers. He adds an addendum to the account, folds it carefully, and seals it. Frowning slightly, Willoughby then fishes around in his suit pocket and withdraws a small silver sculpture of a raven. He peers at it as it expands into a fully-sized raven.

It returns his gaze.

"Hello again. Could you please take this missive to the nearest paladin?"

Willoughby hands it the letter, and opens the window.

Last edited by Mr. Willoughby on Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.