Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:43 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Morning comes, as it commonly does, though there is little light today. Clouds hang ominously over the city of Dornsby, and a few fat raindrops sprinkle the ground outside, perhaps in prelude to some greater downpour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:50 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart pulls Luma aside to another room (having earlier gotten enough for the entire group). "So, I didn't get a normal night's sleep, even ignoring the watches. It seems that our... divine friend couldn't get a hold of you, so he decided to contact me instead. He said that..." Stewart's eyes lose focus as he remembers. "That there wasn't any other way. That his enemies will move against us soon (big surprise that). That the zombie hyenas are minions of Surl in some way. And, finally, he'll provide assistance if we call for him."

He takes a deep breath and finishes with, "And that's a good start."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:59 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Surl? Who's that? Assistance...? I'd put more faith in promises of help from Coyote than Hunger-In-Darkness."

"Good start on what?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:05 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Goddess of the Gnolls. Why she (or her followers) would use zombie hyenas is beyond me. And if I'm going to be caught in a battle of gods, then I'll keep in mind any assistance, so long as I get to choose when it happens. Um, and it's a start on the odd night I've had."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:11 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Luma blinks. "That's just the start? How much else could go wrong in one night? What, did Nemiriya herself show up and kick you out or something?"

"Interesting, though, that His enemies among the vile gods are moving against us faster than the... more conventional opponents. I wonder if that actually means anything?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:18 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Well, as far as I can tell, there isn't anyone interfering directly with Dornsby. Although someone's nearby." Stewart sighs again, apparently the noise of choice for the morning. "I think that we're dealing with things a bit larger than normal. I don't know if anything's going to be conventional about this."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:21 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Conventional? No, I'd say conventional ran screaming from the room when He decided to visit. Still, good to know we probably won't have to fight a god today, at least."
Luma's tone of voice is that of one who sincerely hopes she's being sarcastic... but isn't quite certain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:28 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"I'm pretty sure nobody major is in town, like I said. But we might want to avoid the Arkwood until we've got this problem under control. Although I find it more interesting that the wererats appear to be a fairly normal issue."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:47 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Luma collapses against you, crying quietly. "I just don't see how we can possibly get things under control..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:37 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart doesn't move for a second or so before blinking and hugging Luma. "Well, I had meant the were-rats. One thing at a time and all. But as far as the larger issues go... Well... We'll survive. Heck, I thought I was going to get eaten by a zombie shark a while ago. This is just much bigger sharks."