Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1013 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:17 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"One: No; you would be free to accept or refuse the remaining tasks on an individual basis."

"Two: They have moved from their original base to an unoccupied home; I can point you to it, should you accept."

"Three: You are, as far as I'm concerned, free to apply whatever destructive methods you choose to the item, the were-rats, the house they're in, and anything else that happens to be in range."

"And lastly," the dragon holds up a small diamond-shaped block of stone, "I can see and hear what goes on around this, as well as speak through it; that should provide an adequate method of communication."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:08 pm 
Lunatic

"That seems reasonable enough," Aurora replies, holding her hand out for the stone. The dragon hadn't answered the question she'd really been asking but she figures if she can't figure out how to destroy the relic she could track down those adventurers who had taken out the bulk of the pack and see if they could help. "I presume this can wait until morning? I broke camp early this morning, or more accurately yesterday morning, and I've had little sleep since... Oh, and what should I address you by? 'Hey you' is rather unspecific and some way of insuring you know I'm attempting to contact you rather than conversing within hearing range would be useful."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:53 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The thing carefully places the stone into your hand. It is ice-cold to the touch, and marked with a few thin strands of etched glyphs.

"You may call me Null; it is as good a name as any other."

Null directs you to one particular house in the northern sector of town.
"The were-rats, and their relic, are here - at least for now; they may have other hide-outs elsewhere."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 am 
Lunatic

Aurora nods at "Null" and crawls over the edge of the roof onto the side of the building. She finds a second story window shutter that is both silent and upon being cracked open seems to open onto an empty room and slips into the building.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:54 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The room is, or was, a bedroom. Old bloodstains spatter the walls and floor, and the bed itself is in poor repair - marred by claw marks and more stains.

The entire house smells like death, albeit nothing recent. Nor is there any audible sound; if the rats are on the second floor, they're not moving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:49 pm 
Lunatic

Under the invisibility spell Aurora's clothing and skin ripple to match the surrounding color scheme as she glides mere inches above the floor to the room's door and slips into the hallway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:57 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The hallway is likewise empty and long abandoned; the dust on the floor seems undisturbed. To your right, a staircase leads down to the main level; to your left are more rooms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:10 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora quickly scans each of the doorways, then floats to above the staircase, angling herself to get a position from which she can see as much of the ground floor as possible without descending very far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:27 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The ground floor does indeed contain a were-rat. He's crouched behind the remnants of a couch - in clear view from where you are, but nicely hidden from the front door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:02 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora pivots in mid-air, positioning herself so that only her head is visible from below, and launches a sickly bolt at the crouching wererat. If he survives, perhaps she can collect a bounty from the town as well. If not, oh well...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1013 Next