Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:17 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

For a moment, all you see is two prismatic orbs floating a good ten feet apart - the source of the illumination. Then the perspective resolves, and you realize you're looking at a black dragon, albeit one far larger than any you were previously aware of. Not, of course, that it's particularly easy to pick out the details of his form from the black background behind him...

"The difference between a major and a minor piece is subtle, and - as you just proved - not always entirely clear."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:31 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Well, the ability to choose it for myself is important. Although, I think, not the reason I was brought here. Although I can't think that you're surprised at my disruption in this realm."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:43 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"I certainly didn't bring you here - and there aren't many who could get here on their own, let alone send someone else."

His eyes narrow for a moment. "I think I should clarify one thing, though - the board represents reality, not the other way around. Your change to it gives you nothing more nor less than you had before; it merely corrects a flaw in the my perception."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:21 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Well, that's enlightening in whole new ways. I guess my alteration is more true than I had expected." Stewart will shrug and turn to face the board once more...

"An interesting point of view to be able to access, though. For the view, if nothing else. Hopefully I'll gain some control of my access here." Stewart will peer at the board, searching for whatever flip of the mind that will clear the minor pieces from the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:30 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Having seen the board in both states, and having long experience with purely mental modes of magic, it's fairly simple to clear the board of the "lesser" pieces. Or even just some of them; you find you can set a threshold of viewing wherever you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:47 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will examine the largest minor pieces in his vicinity while saying, "Is there anything else I should know if I'm going to be poking around here? Some etiquette to avoid offending other players? If not, I probably should get some natural sleep tonight."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:58 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"There are some rules, of course... I'll let you know if I decide they apply to you. For now, just go about your business. And if it's sleep you want - that can be arranged." You'd swear there was a smirk to the voice, as the scene fades out entirely.

If there were any further dreams, they do not stay with you when Lauren comes to wake you up for your watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:11 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Twill:

You're flying again. But it's not a nightmare this time; instead of some erratic magic carpet, you're perched securely on the back of a black dragon (albeit a fairly small one - roughly horse sized).

As the trees drift by below, the dragon cranes its neck around to look at you.
"Where to?" it asks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:09 pm 
Needs a Guide

Twill gives the only possible appropriate answer: "Wherever I am needed, my friend!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:11 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The dragon nods, and banks carefully to the northwest*.
"Hang on tight - I'm not sure I can get us there in time. But we won't find out staying here!"

And, after a moment's pause to give you a chance to follow its instructions, the dragon accelerates, wings beating furiously; the airborne equivalent of taking off at a full-out sprint.

Time passes; the arkwood scrolls by beneath you, and the sun slowly dips down ahead of you. The arkwood finally gives way to fields and rolling hills, and then mountains loom up ahead of you, the last rays of the dying sun shining out through a single narrow pass.

The dragon falters, slows, and then settles into a glide. "Too slow." It shakes its head. "And my magic isn't strong enough to cover the remaining distance."

The two of you drift downwards, and come to a not-quite-crash landing near a small set of standing stones. The dragon simply collapses on the sparse grass, clearly exhausted.

Ahead of you lies that single narrow pass, still illuminated. Behind you are only deepening shadows. And off to your right, the standing stones simply sit there and hum quietly to themselves, calmly indifferent.

_____
* Actually closer to west-north-west; you've got plenty of time to get a fix on the exact direction.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next