Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:47 pm 
Needs a Guide

"Thank you, my friend. I'll take it from here." Twill cocks his hat and strikes out swiftly and confidently for the pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:57 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The sky darkens rapidly as you proceed. But, as the sun sets completely, a lurid red glow takes over. Reaching the top of the pass, you find yourself looking down into a valley scarred with active lava flows; an impossibly tall volcano towers over a burning city. Smoke and ash fill the sky, reflecting the red glow back downwards.

Flying creatures of some sort, rendered tiny by distance, circle over the wrecked land.

The road continues ahead of you, down into the vally - though in several places it has shattered or buckled as if the very earth beneath it had moved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:00 pm 
Needs a Guide

Twill picks up his pace, leaping lightly over the cracks in the road, sure on his feet as only a Hrassa -- and few even of them -- can be. He rushes for the city, to see if there are any survivors in need of assistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:16 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

As you get closer, the flying forms resolve themselves into bat-winged snakes, their scales ash-black, and their wings smoldering like the last coals of a dying fire.

Half way down the valley, a group of three of them spot you. Hissing like scalding tea-kettles, they loop down towards you, glowing fangs extended to strike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:20 pm 
Needs a Guide

Twill rolls to the side, then draws his sword and rises into a crouching Hrassa stance, fencing stances being not particularly designed with giant winged snakes in mind. "Pardon me, good serpentine sirs or madams" he says loudly, "but I am attempting to render assistance to any potential survivors in that unfortunate conflagration, formerly a city. Please permit me passage, lest I be forced to harm you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:35 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The three loop around to attack again, their hissing punctuated now; staccato; almost like laughter.

It's clear that these creatures are either well-trained or naturally pack hunters - their flight paths are tightly interwoven and executed at breakneck speed, with no signs of hesitation or clumsiness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:10 pm 
Needs a Guide

So, they're looping around from behind me? I turn to face them, backing slowly toward the city. As soon as one is low enough, I leap, stabbing and slashing with sword and claw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:51 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The targeted serpent lets out a startled "skreek!" as it crashes to the ground; a moment later it ignites, a roaring flame quickly consuming its remains.

The surviving two flyers approach more cautiously, now, spiraling in at you from opposite sides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:38 pm 
Needs a Guide

Just before one of them reaches me, I fall to the ground and roll out of the way, slashing as it passes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:50 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The second creature goes down in much the same way as the first, leaving a pile of blazing bones scorching the ground.

The third, apparently either fearless or just plain dumb, circles around to attack again. As there's nothing new in its tactics, you can easily dispatch it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next