Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:32 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Thanks!" Says Ametrine. "Will you be spending the night with us?"

Ametrine goes to the door of the two-storied building, and opens it as slowly and quietly as he can, before shouting at the top of his lungs "We're looking for lemonade, gingersnaps, Twill, and a bed. In that order!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:11 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"...and we are prepared to offer money in exchange for the provision of these items," finishes Willoughby, gliding into the inn. He smiles a pleasant and apologetic smile at the interior of the inn, eyes seeking a plausibly innkeeper-like personage. "Good evening. My name is Mr. Willoughby, and I am headed in the general direction of Bor and Phee. Please excuse my companion; he is only a few weeks old, and has yet to learn that most people dislike being shouted at."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Mr. Willoughby's calm voice has an immediate effect; weapons, half-drawn, are sheathed, and the handful of adventurers sitting around the tavern return to their drinks now that it is clear that they don't need to defend the place from a marauding (if somewhat small) dragon.

The interior of the building is rather better maintained than the two mermaids' was; all of the furniture is serviceable and reasonably arranged.

In the shadows of the back right corner, carefully watching the entryway, is a man in a dark green hooded cloak of moderately fine weave.

The next table to the left is surrounded by a group of human soldiers wearing the colors of the local lord. They seem to have come here to relax, though, and their presence is only a minor stress on the joviality of the atmosphere.

Immediately to the left of the doorway is an odd pair; a human sorceress (wearing traditional adventuring sorceress garb, namely very little) chats with a hulking lizardman (or possibly lizardwoman, it's hard to tell); both are wearing pendants with the holy symbol of Artemis: a stylized claw. As you pass them, you hear a small snippet of their conversation - something about zombies.

By the far left wall, a dusty knight talks earnestly with his squire; his arms (a snake coiled into a knot) mark him as a small-time independant, probably on his way to a tournament somewhere in hopes of winning fame and fortune.

The innkeeper, a swarthy man with a long twirly mustache, bustles up.
"Welcome to the Nameless Inn; lodging will be six silver." He pauses apologetically, "The only private room left is the luxury suite, I'm afraid."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:28 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine takes this all in. Deciding to tell the sorceress and lizardperson about the zombie dogs later, Ametrine gives the innkeeper a puzzled look. "Six silver what?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:18 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"It is a matter of currency, Amertine. Numisatics. I've never been very interested in the subject myself," says Willoughby, languidly pulling a shiny silver piece from behind Amertine's left ear. He regards the coin for a second, then closes his hand over it. Turning to the innkeeper, he reopens his hand, revealing six silver pieces, shining as if newly minted. "Ostentation does not befit a servant such as myself. But if that is all you have available, then I will have to accept it. The difference in cost shall come from my salary."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:00 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The inkeeper, seemingly unperturbed by the demonstration of sleight of hand, takes the coins, gives you directions to your room, and hurries off, vanishing into what is presumably the kitchen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:42 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby turns to Amertine. "Well, shall we investigate the luxury suite?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:19 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"Numisatics? Hee hee hee! You just made that word up!"

Ametrine flies to the luxury suite with renewed energy, hoping that the investigation will turn up some clues, something exciting, or just a cup of lemonade waiting on a table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:47 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

There is no glass of lemonade waiting (unless Mr. Willoughby put one there).

The room is lushly decorated in a variety of hues, ranging from glaring pink to an atrocious shade of electric green. A single overstuffed bed fills most of the room, and a single napping displacer beast takes up most of the bed.

Skirrik pays no heed to your arrival.

On the plus side, there are plenty of shiny baubles set about the room; ornamental candle holders, dressers set with gems; even a bejeweled chamber pot and something that looks suspiciously like a disco ball. Closer investigation reveals that the gems are just colored glass, and the other items are of similar value. But they're still shiny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:55 am 
Missing Some Marbles

And Mr. Willoughby did put one there. Not that anybody noticed.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next