Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:54 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"So, what town is this? Are we going to cook from them too, Mr. Willoughby? And Skirrik, how come I can't see you anymore?" Ametrine also stops to inspect the crops. Anything that smells good will receive an official inspection, which may result in a seal of approval.

The criteria for such an approval are particularly low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:11 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby takes it upon himself to educate Skirrik and Amertine— this sort of thing is simply a responsibilty of those with elven lifespans. To some degree, Amertine's questions are favored, as they are easier to answer. Willoughby uses Skirrik's questions to attempt to judge his intentions, and answers them carefully. In return, he asks Skirrik what he was doing in a tree, and where he intends to go.

Skirrik's disappearance doesn't perturb Willoughby in the slightest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:50 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Skirrik is quite reticent about his origins. The most you can get out of him is that he's apparently on some sort of quest - the goal of which is to find out why he was sent on the quest. Prophecies can be so annoying when you're caught in the middle of them...

But, to get back to the present, "I think it safe to extrapolate from prior experience that most of the people who live here will not be happy to know that I'm around. So I've decided not to be seen. Simple."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:15 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby nods in Skirrik's last established direction. "That is a reasonable course of action."

"Amertine, I'd prefer to continue directly through this town, but I imagine the horse is fatigued enough as it is. Would you like to accompany me in search of lodgings?"

After a second, he adds, "I don't think I shall elect to do the cooking this time, though."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:26 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Sure!" says Ametrine. "I can help find lodgings and Mr. Twill at the same time!"

And so, for every building they come to, Ametrine bursts in the door and says, "We're looking for Mr. Twill! If he's not here, then a bed and lemonade will do."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:46 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

At the very first building, there is the distinctive sound of splintering wood (the door gave way before the lock did), and then Amertine's cheerful voice rings out in the otherwise ominous silence.

A quick examination reveals that this one room building is currently empty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:07 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby regards Ametrine sternly. "If you keep knocking that loudly, I expect that people will become moderately annoyed about their broken doors. You should perhaps try to be quieter. ...and we can't knock on every door, either. Choose wisely."

And then he is somehow holding a small, nondescript clay pot and smallish brush. He sets the pot down carefully, and begins reassembling the door, dipping the brush in the pot and spreading it along the door fragments. In short order, the door is restored, and Willoughby sets it back on its hinges.

While working on the door, Willoughby asks an unusual question. "Ametrine, have you ever heard of... gingersnaps?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:44 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Gingersnaps? No. Can you eat them?" Ametrine decides to look around for buildings with the words "Inn" hanging outside their doors while waiting to see if perhaps Mr. Willoughby knows what gingersnaps are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:55 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Yes, you can. I quite like them, actually. It had occurred to me that you might like them as well. I shall have to see whether I have any, when we find some lodgings," remarks Willoughby absently. He follows Ametrine's gaze, trying to figure out what the dragon is looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:30 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"If you're quite done breaking random doors," comments Skirrik dryly, "The inn is up ahead. It's the only two story building in town; you can't miss it."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next