Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:31 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart's eyes go wide. "I think... I think I need a book on divine magics to be sure. I think Hunger-in-Darkness is not ready to give up on you." He frowns. "If you need my help, I'll be here for you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:51 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Give up? No, definitely not. He made that quite clear. He wants me to do something for him, but he wouldn't say what - just told me 'prophecy is not my specialty,' and that I should start by looking for something called the tapestry of stars. Supposedly what to do from there will be obvious."
She sighs.
"The worst of it is, I wasn't even his first choice for this task - but, much as I hate to agree with him, I do have to admit that my brother has all the subtlety and intellect of an avalanche - and apparently this unspecified task requires both of those traits."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:44 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart makes a questioning noise. "Merrt? Tapestry of stars? Well, a little foot work, a little legend lore, and we can find out more. Although working for Hunger-in-Darkness is not high on my list of things to... Brother?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:14 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Half-brother, technically. I don't like him. And working for Hunger-in-Darkness would not have been high on my list of things to do, either... but what else can I do? How can I possibly defend myself against a god? He nearly killed me just from giving me power that He said I'd need - I don't want to find out what would happen if..." Luma breaks off with a puzzled expression.

"Wait... wasn't I seriously injured just a minute ago?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:03 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"You've been healing. I thought you knew." Stewart chuckles slightly, before turning serious again and peering through his glasses yet again. "You've changed quite a bit. More spiky. And blurred. Makes me wonder what you've been chosen to do..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:25 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Luma opens her mouth; and then thinks better of whatever she was going to say, and closes it again.

A few moments later, "Could I borrow your glasses for a minute? And a mirror?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:02 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will lead Luma to a mirror and offer his glasses, while pondering a plan of attack: "Legend Lore seems like the best place to start, since we have an item we're supposed to find, this Tapestry of Stars. And, of course, the more I know about it to start, the better info I'll get. So I'll spend a couple days researching here and there before using Vision, and you could talk to people who might know something. And then... Hmm... Ah, here's the mirror!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:36 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Luma stares. And then adjusts the glasses. Takes them off. Puts them back on. Blinks, several times. Takes the glasses off and hands them to you. Stares at the mirror a bit longer. Glares at the mirror for a moment.

"Oh, good, I can turn that off. Permanent true seeing would have been a great way to get a permanent headache. Not that it neccessarily would have been permanent... but I know your glasses can't make it last like that..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:52 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Having it as often as these allow is already sometimes pesky," Stewart says, tapping his glasses.

After a moment of thought, he'll add, "Well, I can't think of anything else we can get done tonight. Your house has attracted a fair amount of attention today and currently has a small crater in it. I can offer space here, if you'd like. And in the morning we can get to searching for this Tapestry. Hm, and I should have food around here too. A pounding like that tends to leave me hungry when I eventually wake up, although you've always been a bit tougher than me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:01 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Yes... I don't feel hungry, but something to eat would probably be a good idea. And I think I will stay here; thank you."

She stares at the mirror for a little longer before turning away and seeing to the neccessities of food and sleep.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next