Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:05 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart doesn't have any regular servants, preferring to keep simple foods on hand and go (or send) out for anything better. He will gather a simple meal from his stores and dine with Luma before showing her a guest room and heading to his own bed.

In the morning (which is quite a bit after dawn, Stewart prefers an academic's schedule to an adventurer's), he'll grab some of the older notebooks from his workroom and head down to the kitchen for breakfast. He scans through the notebook while eating a breakfast of "whatever's easy to grab", looking for any references to the Tapestry of Stars or Hunger-in-Darkness in his former master's notes.

Stewart isn't exactly a morning person, but old adventurer's habits and the knowledge that Luma may be in the tower keeps him somewhat alert to his surroundings. However, he's willing to let most things wait until after breakfast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:26 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Luma is, indeed, already awake, and has apparently been doing sword practice for the last hour or two - and shows no particular sign of slowing down.

Your breakfast is thus uninterrupted. A quick scan of the notebooks you grabbed doesn't turn up any references to the Tapestry of Stars, but there is one mention of Hunger-in-Darkness.

"While the above generalizations hold for most of the vile gods, it is important to note that there are exceptions. For example, both Ortuul and Hunger-in-Darkness encourage their followers to seek out and destroy undead, and will not grant create undead spells to their followers. Similarly, some eschew the use of demons - most notably Atrus, who prefers his undead creations, but there are also a number of monsterous deities who simply eat the souls of dead followers and thus cannot create demons."

The notebook goes on to a further discussion of variations in divine spellcasting, using specific examples that don't seem relevant to your current inquiry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:32 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will glance in at Luma's practice and then, satisfied that she's not going anywhere for a small bit, distractedly head off to dress. His wardrobe is fairly bare, as he constructs simple clothing for himself on a regular basis. However, he is not an accomplished tailor by any stretch of the imagination. A set of somewhat ornate robes is called for today, and Stewart puts them on while juggling the open notebook.

This task complete, he returns to where Luma is practicing. "Hm. Interesting theories," he says, closing the book with a snap. "I'm going to go speak to the Queen. She should at least know which deity is poking his nose around here. And her library may have something we need in it." He'll gesture with the notebook, poking it in Luma's direction. "And, unless Hunger-in-Darkness gave you some insights, we'll need something more to go on than just a name of an object related to some prophesy. And if the Queen doesn't have anything, I'll just deal with the vagueness of Vision."

Edit: Stewart has more intelligent than I and doesn't wish to offend a god.

Last edited by Benabik on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:40 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Luma nods distractedly.
"No, no insights here. Either he didn't want to tell me, or he honestly didn't know - and I'm not sure which possibility worries me more."

Further conversation is interrupted, however, by the booming notes of the doorbell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:03 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will jump slightly, attempting to spin around in mid-air and failing. He clears his throat as he settles his robes. "I'll just go get that then," he says, putting action to words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:35 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Kiaskurro is at the door, waiting impatiently.

"Good morning, Stewart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:31 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will stare at Kiaskurro blankly for a moment and then say, "Oh, yes! Sorry. How are you today? I've learned a couple of things and was going to speak to the Queen, but that's not urgent. Come in, come in."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:42 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Kiaskurro follows you inside.

"Good. My own research has turned up nothing of value - yet, at least."

The kobold notes that Luma is no longer lying on the couch where he'd seen her last, but does not comment on this - yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:16 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will tell Kiaskurro that Luma began regenerating after some rest, and relay information about Hunger-in-Darkness and note that some prophesy is involved. "I was going to tell the Queen which deity is poking about her city, and look into her library. She's probably the best source of information about Hunger-in-Darkness and any prophesies he's involved in."

Edit: Stewart has more intelligent than I and doesn't wish to offend a god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:22 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Kiaskurro, for his part, can report that there have been no further disturbances around Luma's house.

"Well, the Queen did ask us to find out how and why; it sounds like you have the answer to how, and, if we can find out what prophecy that might be, we could have the why as well. Still, the question of what does not seem as clear as she implied... Yes, let us go and report this, and see if her library sheds any light on the matter."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next