Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:17 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart jumps slightly and moves to start spell-casting. But before he starts, he abandons it. Overall, he appears ready but more thoughtful than startled or frightened. "Well, that is somewhat unexpected..."

Stewart looks around, collecting himself. "Greetings?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:36 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The sense of presence is fading fast. There is no response to your greetings - Harfang's attention has turned almost entirely to Luma by this point. It's an odd contrast - you could swear he actually likes Luma. She wants to kill him.

Just before it fades entirely, though, something else catches Harfang's interest. There is something, just a bit to your north, that Harfang really doesn't like. And then he's gone.

Luma (still in puffed-up angry cat mode) sighs. "I suppose drawing His attention to us can't make things much worse at this point... But please don't do that again."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:47 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Indeed not!" Stewart huffs (partially at the suggestion that he'd be so foolish, partially at the situation in general). He peers north curiously. "I wonder what's up there..."

After a moment, he focuses on the matter at hand and finishes the information from Legend Lore (carefully avoiding H______'s name this time). "And that's the short of it. The long involves magical theory that seems far less interesting now," he says waving his hands in vague motions to indicate the former presence of the god. "I take it you're familiar with the name? I wasn't. And, barring any other interruptions, we should head into town."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:28 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The view to the north is impeded by the very same gully walls and shrubbery that you had chosen your location for.

Luma shrugs. "Hunger-in-Darkness is just a title. That is His actual name. Mother used it alot." One ear perks. "Be careful what you wish for... I think we've got another interruption coming."

And with no more warning than that, a pack of zombie hyenas abandons their (remarkably successful) attempts at stealth, pouring down into the gully from the north, snapping and snarling.

Luma sidesteps the first one's attack, and casually slices the next two in half with a single swing of her sword - but there are another six already in view, and the sounds of more still out of sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:47 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart looks around, somewhat startled. But at the same time, he grabs at the crystal around his neck and concentrates, causing a disk of force to appear between Stewart and the hyenas. A moment later strands of ectoplasm burst into existence, attempting to entangle most of the pack.

He then cautiously moves away from the zombies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:19 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

One zombie somehow manages to dodge; one zombie isn't caught in the blast. Both are immediately occupied in futile attacks on Luma; one of them bounces off her shield, while the other simply misses entirely.

Luma stares contemptuously at the two hyenas still capable of movement. "Well, if you're going to take all the fun out of it..." She snaps her fingers. Her sword and shield vanish back into storage, and the entire pack of zombies crumble into dust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:30 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will raise an eyebrow at Luma. "Well, I didn't know you could do that. Anything else you've figured out? And, next time, if you want I can just get out of range and dismiss it. The joy of being attacked by a pack of wolves fades for me after a while." He grins. "Besides, if they're that easily trapped, how fun could they be?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:59 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Um." She blinks. "I didn't know I could do that, either... I just... did. I suppose you're right - it wouldn't have been much fun after the first half-dozen or so anyway. Oh, well."

She climbs up to the top of the gully and looks around.

"No survivors from that pack, and no sign of anyone controlling them in the immediate vicinity. Hm... Head for Dornsby, or see if we can track down where these came from?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:18 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"An interesting choice to make. But I have no idea where to look for their source, and am rather interested in what's going on with this Tapestry."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:04 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"We'd follow the tracks, silly! Their footprints didn't disintigrate when they did, after all. But I could easily still follow those tomorrow, or the day after... just not as far." She shrugs, and turns towards Dornsby.

End Chapter II*

Continued in Chapter V.

_____
* The title event of Chapter II is experiencing some slight technical difficulties. We apologize for the delay, and assure you that, someday, there will again be lemon-scented paper napkins...