Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:08 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Ah, sleep. To sleep, perchance to dream.

In this case, you dream of magic carpet rides... far too fast, far too high up, and with occasional jolting drops as the magic fades for a few seconds to a minute or more. Eventually the cursed thing drops you into a mountainside from over a mile up, and you wake, shivering.

It does not feel as if you slept at all. In fact, come to think of it, it would have been more restful to run a marathon than to live through that nightmare. Worse, each time you try to nap afterwards, visions of a fluffy, light blue carpet trying to look innocent and inviting dance before your closed eyes.

The night passes very slowly. If this is what Lauren dealt with for a week... You're amazed she was able to even move when you met her, let alone cast spells and act with any semblance of intelligence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:13 pm 
Needs a Guide

I try my best to get as much sleep as I can before first light. When dawn arrives, I get up, dress, and then wait to hear Lauren's door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:53 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

And morning does come, though restful sleep does not.

Lauren, on the other hand, seems awake, and refreshed, and completely recovered. She returns your sword, explaining that she's figured out the basic theory, but will need some time to devise a method of actually applying it. She'll want to look at the sword again when she has something to test, but until then there's no point in her holding onto it.

The servants have not bothered either of you yet; apparently the Duke is not an early riser, and they simply assume that visitors will be similarly un-energetic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:05 pm 
Needs a Guide

I accept my sword back and sheathe it. "I am glad to see you looking so refreshed, milady. Unfortunately, I did not sleep quite so well. Normally, a night of nightmares would be nothing to be concerned about, but given my recent encounter with the individuals who gave you the same..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:27 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

She nods. "We know they can scry on me; they said as much when you talked to them. So we have to assume they now know we're travelling together. And if they can only send nightmares at one of us..." She sighs. "At least if they're casting it on you, I can actually do something about it. Though I hate paying for scrolls; single use magic always seems so wasteful."

"So, we need to figure out what our plans are. The Duke will expect me to show up to breakfast - whenever that is - but we could simply leave any time after that. He did, however, mention the presence of a library, and I'd like to take a look at that, if you have no urgent reason to move on immediately."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:54 pm 
Needs a Guide

"Hmm..." Twill ponders. While he has nothing particularly against libraries, they tend not to care particularly for him. "I think I shall take a walk and attempt to puzzle out our next move. Shall we meet, perhaps, for a late lunch this afternoon and discuss our findings?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:18 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Allright. With any luck, he'll have a few books on magic or history..." Lauren picks up her backpack, and sets off to find the library.

Your walk, however, is interrupted within a matter of seconds after you step outside your door. A servant, apparently waiting outside, says, "Excuse me, sir, but the seneschal would request a few moments of your time. This way, please."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:29 pm 
Needs a Guide

Twill shrugs and follows. "Has he told you anything of what he needs, my good man?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:06 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"No, sir, he did not."

The servant leads you to a wing of the mansion that, based on the sudden lack of ostentation, is probably the servant's quarters. The seneschal, when you get to him, is a thin, elderly man with sharp features and sparse white hair.

"Ah, greetings." He looks you over carefully and then continues, "I have a report here, stating that you apprehended two of the wererats that have been plaguing Dornsby for several months now. If this is accurate, I would like to request your assistance in ridding my city of this menace; my men simply are not capable of opposing them."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:09 pm 
Needs a Guide

"Hmm..." Twill says. "Well, I'm listening. Tell me more about these wererats. What trouble have they caused? Where might I find them? What do you plan on doing with them when I bring them in?"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next