Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:29 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The rat staggers back, blinking slightly. The other rats, heartened by his lack of any visible injury, attempt to close in on you and take advantage of this clear lapse in your defenses. They are sorely dissapointed.

Lauren also sees the distinct lack of wounds generated by your weapons, so cleverly enchanted not to kill that, when you're facing an opponent that expects to have its wounds instantly heal over, only the enemy you struck realizes that it's actually seriously hurt...
"Well, I guess that answers that question," Lauren mutters. And she casually tosses a fireball at one of the were-rats that's been attacking her.

You have a split second of reaction time before the fireball hits. What would you like to do with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:37 am 
Needs a Guide

I leap for the targeted rat and bring him crashing to the ground under me. "Everybody DOWN!" I shout, and hope they listen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:47 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

With the rat knocked out of the way, the fireball goes sizzling off down the street. Maybe thirty feet away, it hits a (previously) unlit lamp-post. However, instead of the booming roar you expected, there's just quiet "foomph". The lamp-post topples majestically, a three foot section of its metal construction glowing white-hot at the edges - the center of the affected area is already a rapidly cooling puddle on the ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:59 am 
Needs a Guide

"No killing!" I shout at Lauren. Then, without bothering to get up, I roll to the rat I attacked first and run him through.

As he collapses, I spring to my feet and point my still-spotless sword at the five who were attacking me initially, running on the presumption that a woman who can melt a lamppost can incapacitate one prone and one standing wererat without my assistance.

"I do not like uneven fights, gentlemen." I smile and adjust a glove. "Perhaps you would like to take a break to find reinforcements?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:11 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Oh." She says in a small voice, looking at the clearly disabled - and yet just as clearly uninjured - rat. "I'm sorry; I didn't realize..."

The one standing rat that was attacking her takes advantage of her distraction to leap on her from behind. (The other rat is lying on the ground, looking at the melted lamp-post and shivering.) He's changed tactics; instead of outright attacking, he grabs Lauren and puts a dagger to her throat. "Surrender or this one dies!" he hisses.

Lauren just rolls her eyes in exasperation, and, with a single arcane word, vanishes, leaving the startled rat holding onto empty air.

The remaining five rats circle nervously around you, each one clearly waiting for the others to attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:19 pm 
Needs a Guide

"Very well," I say, "if that is your choice." I lunge at the nearest rat with a rapid series of sword blows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:36 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

With two of their number down, not so much as a scratch landed on you, and no sign of a more vulnerable target, the remaining were-rats flee into the shadows from whence they came; leaving their unconscious compatriots lying on the ground.

Once it's clear they are gone, Lauren teleports back down from the rooftop she had retreated to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:43 pm 
Needs a Guide

I sheathe my blade and claws, unnecessarily adjust my hat, and bend to lift one of the rats as best I can. "We need to get them somewhere safe," I say. "I don't want to think about what could happen to them lying unconscious in the street."

I turn to Lauren. "We will discuss your attempt at murder later."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:48 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Lauren sighs, and shrugs, and picks up the other rat, evidently with no particular difficulty. Not that they make a heavy burden by your standards, either...

"So where are you planning on taking these two? And how long are they likely to stay out, anyway? I haven't seen a weapon enchanted like yours before..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:51 pm 
Needs a Guide

"Ten minutes or so. I can always prick them again if they start to awaken. As for our next destination, unless we see somewhere closer, I should think the guards would be the proper people to take them to."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next