07.14L A Prime Direction

The goings on of courts
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.14L A Prime Direction

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder just stands quietly, observing what is happening and trying to look non-threatening.
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

Malica rolls her eyes, and lets go of the Raven. "Well, let's see here. Gabriel has a stick. The Raven has an assortment of small pointy ends* that seem perfectly sized for making a mess of any wiring we let him get at. And Justin... well, that's the wild card, isn't it? I'd guess some sort of concealed disruptor, but I can't quite pinpoint a location. Definitely some sort of ranged weaponry, though."**

Nezli, by contrast, nods at the voice from engineering, comments, "On my way," and heads for one of the doors leading out of the room. As she approaches, the door slides open and Nezli is forced to step aside for the person coming out.

The man who strides out cuts an impressive figure in his heavily tailored navy-blue uniform and cocked hat***. He smiles warmly and opens his arms wide as crosses the small room towards the trio. "Welcome! Welcome fellow wanders of the infinite expanse. I greatly apologize for the hiccup in hospitality; we weren't expecting any guests on the voyage you see. However, My Friends, aboard the our humble vessel, the Pretend - no, Precocious? that wasn't it. . . "

"The Pretentious Name," Nezli grumbles as she pushes past The Captain into the empty room he came out of.

"Right, the Pretentious Name, where you are most welcome to join us on the trip. We were just leaving for New Arcadia, but perhaps we might offer you a leg of the journey to wherever you are headed?"† The Captain pauses a moment, looking around the cramped transporter room fillsed with six people. "And perhaps I aught to invite you to the marginally more spacious Bridge for a more relaxed atmosphere."

In the background, Malika quietly mutters, "Right. The bridge. Because that's sooo much better than letting them snoop around the maintenance passages..."

_____
* Claws and a beak, to be precise.
** Malika is going off of warfare here; the "concealed weapon" she's noting from Spellbinder is, in fact, his spellcasting ability - which explains why she can't pinpoint any specific weapon.
*** It is quite clearly the biggest hat on board.
† Anyone with psyche can easily read this as "We can't actually afford the five minutes it would take to kick you off the ship, so WELCOME ABOARD!"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven, though somewhat interested in why the captain doesn't know the name of his own ship, feels that investigating that issue right this instant would not be in good taste. Also there are other unanswered questions, especially "where does someone get such a amazing hat."

The five-foot cat buffer radius will be reinstated as much as possible.

Plus, the bridge is the best place to do any snooping anyway, so the Raven has no complaints with the suggested course of action.
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"How much time will this trip take? From the sound of things you are already leaving?"
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder continues to quietly observe and try to look non-threatening.