07.14L A Prime Direction

The goings on of courts
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.14L A Prime Direction

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder stands holding his (obviously empty) hands out from his sides. "We come in peace...as cliche as that sounds."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"I apologize for the interuption. We were not intending to show up somewhere belonging to "whatever you call your species". I'm not sure where here is or how exactly we arrived. I'd really like to make this more friendly and be out of your territory as soon as possible. Can I ask where we are? And what is a transporter?
Last edited by Brian C on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

As long as the Raven isn't ACTUALLY being used as a chew toy, he'll play along. For diplomatic reasons. However, doing so quietly is not very likely. Though he is currently pounced, so it will sound more like "Merglffff" than actual coherent speech.
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"Raven?" turning to the lead cat person Will you let him up or should I assume your hostility?"
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

The cat that pounced on Raven stands again, holding the bird out at arm's length with a dubious expression. "Sentient? You're joking, right? ...I guess maybe you could get around the neural complexity limit if it's some sort of biomimetic?"

The other cat rolls her eyes, "Or the physical terminal of a hyperdimensional entity, or part of an atemporal hivemind, and that's just from stuff we've encountered in the past three months. Anyway. Hello. I'm Nezli and my... perhaps slightly over-aggressive," the first cat snorts derisively, but the second keeps talking over her, "sister over there is Malica. Where were you three trying to go, anyway?"
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"I'm not yet sure where we are going. The science of what you are doing is currently above my current skills. The entertainment where I come from talks about quantum theory. This theory states that for each decision made there is an alternate reality. We're able to move through them. I'm not certain how this done but our minds and desires focus this like a lens. Someone managed to come through them to our home with hostile intent. We are seeking them and got pulled away here somehow. If there were a place we we'd be allowed to walk, we could be on our way and out of your hair"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The raven takes this pounce-free time to gather himself, glare at the offending cat, and scowl. He declares "I'll have you know that all ravens are all strong, intelligent, and handsome."
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

A pair of short beeps emanate from a panel next to the door, before the deadpan voice of a middle aged male makes its way over the intercom.

"Transporters, this is Engineering. Thank you so kindly for explaining the anomalous zorth axis readings I was getting. Sorry about the cramped bulkheads, but if you require we should be able to arrange for a stroll outside where there should be plenty of space for your walk. Mind you, charts show hard vacuum out there for -oh, where were they- the next three shifts?

Speaking of moving - Nezli? If you could spare a moment from entertaining our esteemed guests, you are required at your station. There is a lovely gentleman from a large frigate representing the Port Customs Office, and I'l sure he'll be delighted to have you explain our latest manifest in words of five letters or less so we can leave before the cargo is classified as a biohazard.

And Malica? Try to stop drooling over that darker and edgier chicken long enough to check them for weapons before the Captain arrives. Please?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven would normally be insulted by the "Chicken" comment, but he is dealing with uneducated neanderthals, so such things are to be expected. The Raven has never tried to fly high enough to experience "space" so he would not offer any opinion on whether that would be an acceptable option for walking.
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"I do not believe the vacuum of space would be safe. If there are a couple of connected hallways you'd allow us to wander that should suffice as long as it doesn't conflict with your security procedures"