Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.14J Presents and Parcels: Pick Up and Delivery

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shrugs. "The news from Chaos is interesting, at least."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"True, but I've made most of that public. Surely there must be a detail you are interested in. It's not like I have a lot of additional information beyond that. Although, I do know some names, and my co-conspirators. Perhaps some information that only a Chaosite would understand. If I had a better idea of the details, I could assess a better idea of the cost. If you need... Name one detail you want and two you don't. I'll only charge double." He will shrug. "Or you could try being open. It's not like I have any real allies here at all. Or that I have any real power in this place."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Completely open is, sadly, off the table. Still, there are some things I have no qualms about sharing - for example, my reasons for remaining here in Amber: I owe Dworkin a favor... and that favor is not enough to offset the price of a Greater Power."*

"As for specific news of Chaos... I will obviously need to know which clans you think might end up holding places in Aibne's Embassy; any information you are willing to share about likely individual ambassadors** would also be worth having. For my personal interest I might ask how Clan Chimera*** fared the last you knew."

"Of course,"
Alys adds with a smile and a tilt of her head, "How many answers a limited openness is worth remains to be seen. Perhaps there are specific details you are interested in?"

_____
* In case it's not clear, Alys is implying that she thinks Dworkin would force her onto the Pattern if she tried to leave.
** This isn't directly asking about Odin's co-conspirators... but in practice that's what the question means.
*** Clan Chimera was originally mentioned here. OOC, Alys is setting up a bit of a double-bluff (or is it?) - she's implying that she's interested because that's her clan (which we OOC know is definitely false), but a deeper analysis with warfare might peg that interest as someone fishing for information about possible supporters for an attempt to conquer Chaos; the clan traditionally values strength and would be relatively quick to pledge support for someone who was able to gain the power of Logrus.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Let us think then. None of the clans were strong enough when I left to field a real emissary here. Certainly, none of them could afford to lose a shapeshifter with sufficient skill to reach this place. So, unless you expect to open the doors*, I believe I would be the only one you're going to see. Alternately, if one could figure out the new puzzle of Logrus, you could raise any clan to power you wanted. I had almost expected Dworkin to do that when I arrived. He clearly has other plans. Perhaps... This place was made to determine the new ruling clan, but... to be honest, I doubt he thinks of his homeland that much." He will raise an eyebrow at the clan you mention. "Clan Chimera? They are useful shock troops. But, not of any position to rise to power. I know two of their strongest attempted to fight the Serpent. That went as well as you can expect. To be honest, they did manage to get his** attention, which is better than a number of prior attempts."

He will think. "Well, what I want to know, is how to traverse the Logrus again. I know there are several clues here***. Some of which would be more useful than others. Perhaps, those with shards of pure chaos might be most useful. There don't seem to be many of them; most of the shifters here seem to be of the lesser variety. Although, a few of them might give some of my clansmen a run for their money."

"Any idea what you, Quin, Lyra and the Raven**** have in common? Perhaps Quin doesn't count, since he's not attuned, but then again, neither are you. Still, you're in a Court... Perhaps then, it's just Lyra and the Raven with something in common."
****: And Krajk and Ch'talo, if they return, they are mentioned here. Although there is one legitimate name he seems to be leaving out.