07.14J Presents and Parcels: Pick Up and Delivery

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.14J Presents and Parcels: Pick Up and Delivery

Post by Draylen »

"Ah. Alright," the bear says, inclining his head. He leans back against the seat and looks out the window of the carriage, thinking deeply. "So much to do... so much to have done. At least I'm beginning what I need to do. One step at a time, right?" he murmurs, glancing over to Alys with a small, sad smile. He looks... tired, and weary, almost weighted down, for a moment, before he shakes it off. "When shall we arrive?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys smiles back, and then leans against the bear. "On any single plan, certainly. And of course there are also times when there are no steps to be taken at all... on which note, we will arrive in just another minute or two."

And, indeed, in not too much longer the carriage rumbles to a halt outside a small amphitheater; as Alys leads the way to a private viewing box, the ending of act IV of Richard II can be heard.*

_____
* Of interesting note - particularly given Ossian's attention to the play** - is the political statement of the play. Namely, it can be read as a denouncement of the notion of rule by divine right / bloodline. Interestingly, this means it's also likely to attract the attentions of at least some actual revolutionaries...
** See thread here. I'm leaving it up to the GM where Ossian is; it's possible that he's in the same box as Odin - and there might be some amount of conversation inbetween acts - but it's also possible that he's elsewhere in the theater and only Odin is present here.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ossian is nearby in a private booth, but is not talkative. He is taking food there, and is... noticeable if you wish to notice him. Those of you paying attention might notice some similarities between his dress and the Richard II costume in the play. (like a fanboy might dress up as a character, but a lot more subtle.)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys gives Ossian a bit of a worried look, but doesn't comment.

Instead, she offers a polite nod to Krajk*, and pauses at the entrance to Odin's box. "Good evening, Odin."

_____
* Who is presumably around here somewhere.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Abide, too, gives a small nod to Krajk, before beaming wide at Odin. He will wait outside of the Chaosite's box, but he smiles wide. "Ambassador! It is good to see you again. I have found a present for you that I believe you will enjoy! May we come in?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will nod. "Of course, come in. These plays are fascinating. Although, a little... Uh..." He fumbles for a non-insulting word... "Uncomplicated. I'm used to dozens of heirs and such. But... It's a bit easier to follow." He will gesture to the other chairs in the booth. "A gift, that's right you were going to. I had not been thinking about it. Formal gifts are... a rather complicated affair."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear chuckles. "Worse yet is when there is no heir, and the clan tears itself apart, fighting on behalf of five or six different perspective chiefs. Although, uh." He blinks a little and rubs the back of his neck. "I've only heard of these before, I've never seen one, and I can't say I'm familiar with this story at all. How splendid, though, to have so many skalds and bards working together to tell a single story!" He will take a seat closer to Odin, smiling at the ambassador, before pulling out the smooth wooden eye.

"A gift is perhaps the wrong word, I will admit, but 'peace offering' implies that we are enemies, and 'payment' implies that we are not each getting something out of our arrangement. So, then, on behalf of Amber and Her Champion, a gift, Ambassador Odin," he says, as he offers the Eye of Yggdrasil to the chaosite.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys will also take a seat, though she has nothing to add to the conversation right this second.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will accept the eye. "Thank you. Unfortunately, I can only accept it on behalf of myself. As I stated, I do not speak for all of my people. In fact, in many ways, I speak at cross purposes to them." He will sigh lightly but nod. "I hope we can use this as a basis to find a better path. I am unsure if finding the other eye would help things at this point, and I am open to other ideas. Uh... Have I explained that to you yet?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"No, you have not," Alys states.*

_____
* A canny observer - which both Odin and Aibne are** - will note that Alys hasn't actually been present for every conversation between Aibne and Odin. Still, she seems quite certain of her answer. One might reasonably wonder what information sources she's relying on here...
** Or at least could be, if Aibne is thinking about it.