07.14h In Between The Lines

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

07.14h In Between The Lines

Post by misfit »

Harrune takes some time after the his walk to change out of his armor, clean up and get some refreshment. He then makes his way to the Castle and specifically to Dworkin's office. He lightly raps on the door and enters. He closes the door behind him and takes a seat.

"Well, I'm glad to have that behind me. People were making more fuss about the walks than was really necessary. Oh well, done is done. The important thing to discuss is this Dal'ahsi." Harrune repeats the discussion on the Pattern.*

"I thought that wasn't possible. I suppose that means that I know less than I thought I did. I have some thoughts on the subject, but I would rather hear what you have to say than continue speculating. What can you tell me about this?"

-----
* Oddly enough, no one took the time to ask Harrune about it. No doubt it was because Dworkin said it was best kept private. Rather than badger him about it they focused on the one thing they could do something about: getting Jaeger settled in. No doubt they are all expecting a report...or they are planning to mug Harrune for information.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.14h In Between The Lines

Post by Wyvern »

OOC: For the record, I'm assuming that Alys got half of that conversation by reading Dal'ishi's lips. And she did say she wanted to hear what was found out... though Harrune certainly has the warfare to know that was being used as a cover for delivering some other message.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will think... "As near as I can tell... The reason you can't step off the pattern, is you are so real, that if you do, you fall through all of shadow. None of them are real enough to catch you. It makes sense you'd fall to ... well, the Abyss. A place where nothing exists. The change in that is unexpected*. Dal'ashi is clearly dangerous, but hostile is ... He did stab Aibne through wish a spear, although he did seem to do it more as a 'hello' than to kill the bear. I suspect, this may be a case of the face leading the power. In the same way that the Amberites lead the Pattern. What was your take on Dal'ashi?"

Post by misfit »

Harrune sighs "So, as I am given to understand, Amber and Chaos lay at different ends of an..axis? Is that the correct word? And this implies a second axis, one between 'reality' and the Abyss. Is that right? And if so, are there three corners to this arrangement, so are there four? Or more? Bah! I doubt I shall ever even begin to understand these metaphysical issues."

"My take on Dal'ahsi? Ch'talo could no doubt give you much better information than I could, but he is not here and I am. Hmmm. Dal'ashi is seeking a 'shard of non-existance'. Do you know what that means? He has enough knowledge to find his way to Amber, onto the Pattern after a fashion, and even know which Pattern Ch'talo was likely to walk. He was even aware that someone was walking the Pattern at that moment. That is a disturbing amount of information."

"I think that you are right about his attack on Aibne. He, at least in part, desired to use force against me, but only to compel information, not to kill me. Knowing that wouldn't work he resorted to diplomacy. He is clearly not driven by mindless aggression. That means he can be reasoned and negotiated with. It also means that he is unlikely to try to kill one of us out in the Shadows. Capture, even hold hostage perhaps, but not kill out of hand. Also, I think...

Harrune lets out a growl of frustration. "Of course! Curse me for a fool! Ch'talo, the Broken Pattern, how could I not have seen it sooner? The beastman they seek is..." Harrune looks at Dworkin, aware that me may have already given away too much, but hesitant to say more. "I should be able to find him. I just hope I can find him first."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Of course.. and I suspect it's more a triangle. I suppose I should have understood the riddle first." he will shrug. "Not sure what items of power might come from the abyss, I mean, it would be like cutting off a shard of one of the patterns... not a good thing. If you have to find the beastman, that is okay. Thank you for this information."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"My apologies if I am being a bit rude here. The oddity of this all is making me rather nervous. We should talk more when I have more information to share. Tracking down this beastman may take a little time. The sooner started, the sooner finished."

"Hmmm...a triangle. That somehow feels right," Harrune mumbles to himself as he walks out the door.