07.14g: To Onsen And Beyond!

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.14g: To Onsen And Beyond!

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra seems a bit reluctant to leave the warm waters but stands and exits as the others begin to towel off. As she begins to dry off as well, Jaeger's transformation grabs her full attention and she watches, quite transfixed, as he assumes his Vulpine form. "Wow.." she manages, a smile creeping onto her features. "That was impressive...and you look..." She pauses a moment, searching for the proper description, before settling on, "very handsome." The tone of her words conveys genuine appreciation, nothing deeper.

She finishes drying off before her armor reforms about her. "There's certainly a lot more of Ht'Gon to see. I'm ready to continue when you are."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Flashy," Alys comments dryly, though she nods at Lyra's assessment of the kitsune's current appearance.

Unlike Lyra, Alys does have to head back to the changing rooms to re-acquire clothing - though the outfit she changes into is a bit more modest than the one she started out with: a dark red silk tunic, trimmed with gold, accented with a few bits of gold-and-ruby jewelry*, and the outfit finished with a pair of surprisingly plain daggers tucked into her belt.

Jaeger will find that his original outfit has been cleaned and is on display with half a dozen others taken from his rooms**, the kobold Kanget having returned from her mission.

_____
* Necklace, bracelet & matching anklet (both on her left side), and a pair of earrings.
** As per what Dworkin puts in those rooms, these are all outfits that Jaeger would be willing to wear. As per Alys' initial order, there's nothing "too formal" in the lineup - though even the simplest of them (probably something like a basic silk shirt and trousers?) is still clearly expertly made from high quality materials.
BringMeThatHorizon
Needs a Guide

Post by BringMeThatHorizon »

When Lyra returns, she finds Jaeger standing among the outfits with a grimace on his face. He looks over the simplest among the batch, making the odd appraising face at each garment he finds and inevitably sighing and moving along to the next. Silk, all high-quality, even the most simplistic among them. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate the look of it all, frankly the make alone was ostensibly perfect for him. But he was such a dress-down kind of person that the idea of putting fine silk on his body left a sour taste in his mouth. So this is what being royalty meant? It was a bit of a joke, but he could laugh along for the time being.

Or he would have been able to, anyway, if he hadn't noticed something off hanging from the wrist of one of the outfits. A bracelet inlaid with various gems, silver by base so as not to overpower the colors. Jaeger lifted the bracelet up and examined it carefully, taking note of what was on the inside.

"Okay," He finally spoke with a tone that indicated a distinct lack of amusement. "How did you get this?"
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"It was hanging in your main closet, sir. One of the simpler pieces there - the Lady Sibarys asked me to avoid anything too fancy, but this one just matched the outfit so well..." The kobold Kanget bobs her head nervously, looking back and forth between Jaeger and Alys as if trying to determine if she'd done anything wrong.
BringMeThatHorizon
Needs a Guide

"That," He snaps, moving fast than he was aware he could previously to grasp the kobold by the scruff of her collar. "Is not what I asked." There's a gutteralness to his tone as he holds up the trinket, grateful for his full-body fur covering him by this point, elsewise the situation would have been vastly more awkward than he preferred.

"I personally stole this bracelet from the home of a marquise seven and a half months ago, then fenced it about five weeks later. The marquise was overtaxing her subjects and needed to be taught a lesson in how precarious her position could be if she really pissed her people off."

He's almost proud of he recounts the story, a toothy grin curling his lips.

"So I plucked the trinket from her things in a highly guarded room, left her a note kindly telling her that if she didn't change her ways then more and more of her things would be vanishing into the night until all that remained of value was her life. Suffice it to say, I didn't bloody my hands, but I made off with thousands upon thousands of gold worth of treasures until she went mad with paranoia."

He lets the kobold down and then takes a breath, trying to force himself calm. Jaeger foists the bracelet at Kanget, returning to the question again.

"How did you come upon a bracelet that I not only stole, but sold off months ago? This shouldn't be here. I get that we're dealing with all kinds of crazy magic, but where the hell did you find this?"
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys reacts to Jaeger's lunge, a blade in her hand before he's even grabbed Kanget - but apparently she's also a good enough judge of intent* to hold off any actual attack, and the blade is sheathed again when Jaeger lets the kobold go.

A gesture sets Kanget scurrying backwards out of the way as Alys steps between her and the kitsune. "The answer to the question you did not ask," Alys explains, the annoyance clear in her voice, "Is that Dworkin prepares rooms for each Amberite, using Pattern to find things that will 'feel like home'."

_____
* Or at least martial intent; Jaeger's lunge reads as a hold rather than an outright attack.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra read the motion as well, staying out of the way mainly because her intervention would only escalate tension. She steps forward now though until she is next to Alys and meets the kitsune's eyes. "I understand all of this is new and stressful for you but please do your best to keep your actions in check. Until you understand this place better, actions like that could potentially get you into a lot of trouble. I do believe an apology is in order."
BringMeThatHorizon
Needs a Guide

"If everyone could spare me the lectures, thank you. It's seen as a threat to present a thief with objects they've stolen. Like sayin' 'I know where you've been' and it's in poor sport to presume a man who, until a matter of hours ago, lived a mostly mundane life can suddenly be okay with a great many inexplicable things." Jaeger snorts, brushing his fur off with his claws in the same way one would dust off their coat to make the motion of brushing off an offense. He returns to the outfits, this time with less distaste and more of an active criticism. He cherry picks the least ostentatious things he can find out of the whole lot, looking little better than a well-dressed commoner by the end of the affair and tufts of fur poking out ludicrously under the shirt and his tail rather keeping the pants from going on quite right as it pokes out from under a shirt and vest combo.

"No. This doesn't feel right at all." He said, looking at his outfit. He quickly ditched the vest and picked his hunting jacket up, throwing it around his form and somehow managing to get his arms through it while it was still in mid-air. The male quickly placed the boots on from his armor set, testing them out with a few hops.

"Good, the spring-hitch is still working for the pads*." He nodded to himself and fiddled with the straps a bit.

"For a group of people who are tryin' to convince me I ought to think more, you've awfully narrow-minded ways of thought yourselves. Granted, that was a bit short-sighted of me."

--------

*: Jaeger's boots contain a spring-hitch mechanism in the heel that causes the back of the boot to raise up and support his arches in digitgrade, then lower back down to a flat surface in plantigrade human form. The front portion of the boot expands slightly to correct for his wider paws and then contracts when his feet shift back. This is done purely through machinesmithed parts, not magic.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"And it is entirely plausible," Alys continues with a bit less hostility in her voice, "That Dworkin meant it exactly that way. But it is also possible that he simply picked up whatever items - or replicas of items - the Pattern found for him with no thought to the implications. I know, for example, that some of the items I found in my rooms were... not as well received as might have been intended, shall we say."
BringMeThatHorizon
Needs a Guide

"Then why don't we move things along a bit, yeah? As much as I like baths, the humidity isn't so good for me in this form." He says, voice still mostly impassive despite the situation.

"Easiest way to figure this out might just be to head to my room, right? Show me the way."