07.14e Burning Spiders - Part II

The goings on of courts
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.14e Burning Spiders - Part II

Post by Spellbinder »

Yes, obviously Spellbinder will prevent him from killing himself...again. When the struggle is over he lowers the unconscious man to the floor. He then looks up at the Raven.

"Well, it looks like my goal of handing him over to the law here just got a whole lot easier. Since you're already aware of his crimes, other than assaulting this good woman and threatening her with a poisoned weapon, I would say that my work here is about done. If you want to maintain your dignity, it might be a good idea to move." Spellbinder gives a slow mental count to 5, and then releases the force field whether the Raven is still perched there or not.

He turns to the Drow and bows slightly. " Spellbinder, at your service. Are you sure that you're not hurt?" He looks to the others present. "...any of you? I'm sorry if my pursuit put any of you in danger. We should make sure that gets disposed of safely. Speaking of which..."

Spellbinder starts to search the unconscious man. "Maybe my work isn't done. Poisoned weapon, some kind of Super Soldier serum, incendiaries...this guy had some pretty serious alchemy going on. I'm guessing that's not cheap even here. When someone is willing to spend a lot of money to pump up their goons there's something nasty going on. At least I'm assuming this is just a goon. He just didn't seem to be the mastermind type. Anything you'd care to share about what's happening?"
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

The door to the Wander Inn opens and in walks Gabriel wearing jeans, a turtleneck and some soft looking armor with letters in a strange language covering his torso.* He has holster and Gun attached to this left ankle, a nightstick on his hip and a tied off/wrapped sword and scroll case over his shoulder. He looks slightly tired, travel weary and pulls up a chair. "A little rest and then on to Dworkin."

He starts looking around at all of the patrons and then to the nearest waitress.. "An ale please."
He turns his head between Spellbinder and The Raven. "Just how many people has Dworkin dragged here in my absence?"

*Those from a technological, earth like shadow will recognize the "NYPD" logo
Last edited by Brian C on Sun May 01, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven gracefully floats down to a nearby table. Looking over to the newcomer "A few dozen, I think." He adds matter of factly. To Spellbinder: "Good, that didn't take very long. Well done. Coincidentally, I was actually going to invite you to accompany me while I search for the mastermind behind this. Now, to deal with this 'situation'... I suppose we should call the authorities then." Raven trumps Rolf. After a bit, "The authorities will be on their way shortly. I don't think he'll be going anywhere for a while."

Through "other means" a messenger* has been dispatched to Caelund, mainly as a courtesy. ( as he suspects that he already knows what the message contains. )

* - The message saying "I had Rolf drag Co-Conspirator #2 off to the dungeon. Feel free to keep me informed if you find any useful information." Delivered by raven. (lowercase r)
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

The drow curtsies to Spellbinder, and offers him the glass box containing the fanatic's dagger. "Nalivoire, at your service, Sir. Naught more than a bruised ego; we did not expect such speed from one who lacked the Pattern's blessing." Her two male compatriots introduce themselves as Rolaldael (the high elf) and Elwood Smith (the burly human); both echo Nalivoire's sentiments of being at Spellbinder's service.

In the meantime, the standard activities of the inn slowly resume; people are paying attention - it's not every day that multiple Amberites show up - but with the fight clearly over, people are also starting to pay attention to their meals again.

Gabriel receives his ale with some expediency, the waitress offering him a quick smile and a, "The Wander Inn thanks you for your patronage, Lord."*

_____
* Maybe she recognizes you? Maybe she's just making assumptions based off your utterly outlandish garb. ...Or maybe she heard you comment casually about Dworkin.
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"Thank you Madam. I appreciate your speed." Gabriel nods towards spellbinder, "If you could I would appreciate anything that tastes good and can be made quickly over there, one for me and one for the man in red please." He pays with a few gold coins left on the table.

Then he walks over to spellbinder and holds out a hand for a handshake. "Hello! My name is Gabriel. It has been some time since I left Amber. I was hoping to talk with someone about the changes that have occurred before I let Dworkin know I've returned. Would you have some time? At least for the moment your problems seem to have cleared up and I've taken the liberty of getting us a quick meal."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder takes Gabriel's hand and shakes it firmly, but not in a "contest of strength" sort of way and grins. "Spellbinder, superhero at large. Thanks. I'm really not the person to talk to I'm afraid. I've only been here a couple of days. The only changes I can tell you about are the ones I've made, and there's not a lot to tell there either."

"As I understand it, there have been a lot of new Amberites showing up lately. The Raven here is one. People are treating me like I am, but I've never met this Dworkin of yours and I haven't walked the Pattern. I haven't even had time to find a paying job so I'm flat broke. For what you want to know, you're probably better off talking to Oberon or Quin, maybe Morgana?"
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

After the scuffling settles down and the tavern resumes its normal ambiance, a head pops around the window-frame. The lass glances around the room once appraisingly before settling on the Amberites and their prisoner, paling slightly, and dropping quickly out of sight with a look of great concern.

Moments later, a slight girl with a drab courier's outfit and satchel sprinkled with decorative pins creeps* her way through the door and towards the group. She pulls out a pink box** with unsteady hands, glancing nervously between the man on the ground and the nearby godlings and heavily armed individuals. "D-d-d-delivery f-for n-n-n-umb-ber sixt-ty f-f-four?" she stutters, reading from the receipt while clutching shakily onto the cardboard box as both a shield and life-raft.

Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder glances at the Raven. "Sixty four? Would you happen to know anything about that?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven ponders for a second and states "I guess I am number 64 now. Just leave it on the table." He drops a coin from his beak onto the table as a tip.

After the delivery girl makes her escape, he will joke, "I'll go make sure this doesn't explode." Taking the box handle in his talons he flies off to a "safe location*" to open the box.

Post by kitsunenotsume »

"C-c-certainly, y-your highness." Glancing between the two, the courier hesitates about losing her megre protection before prudence wins out and she delicately* places the pink box next to the coin. After another moments uncertainty, she takes the coin, retreats a pace, and bows deeply and repeatedly to the group. "Thank-k y-you Lords. I hope y-you e-e-enjoy your o-order."

After a halting step backwards the lass curtsies and turns to leave, her retreat much more certain than her approach.

The box of pastries contains exactly what Co-conspirator #2 had ordered earlier, consisting of a variety of soft, light, and flaky pastries - about thirteen in all.