07.14e Burning Spiders - Part II

The goings on of courts
NPC
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.14e Burning Spiders - Part II

Post by NPC »

Mr. Smith frowns and moves to intercept the delivery girl before she can leave the scene, talking quietly and earnestly for a few minutes*.

In the meantime, Spellbinder's search of the fanatic will turn up - amongst various alchemical reagents and concealed weapons** - a small watermarked*** receipt bearing the number 64.

_____
* Exact details of conversation can be provided if any of the PCs present decide they want to eavesdrop or otherwise involve themselves.
** This includes a glass-lined sheath for that one dagger.
*** The watermark can - with some non-zero effort, or perhaps just questioning of the delivery girl - be traced back to Caelund's bakery. The receipt itself appears to be entirely innocuous, however; either it's in some fiendishly clever code, or the man actually did just order a dozen donuts to go.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven returns from "inspecting" the box shortly thereafter, and places (drops) it on the table closest to Spellbinder. "Pity. No Candied-Rock Geodes. Well it's not like I'm going to eat them all, so feel free to take them. It's not like he's going to need them."
_____
*Particularly observant people might notice that it seems like there was one more pastry in this box originally.
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

Gabriel sighs, looking down. "I'm trying to avoid the Amberites who've been here longer for the time being or at least Dworkin. I spent a lifetime in law enforcement out in shadow. If you still need to find someone connected with your prisoner or find out more about him I could help. Any chance the two of you might be looking for assistance?"
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Well, I can't say that I blame you for wanting to keep some distance from the 'older' Amberites. I'm not exactly a fan myself, or at least not of the ones I've met so far. Oh, that's one thing you might be interested in knowing: Harrune has walked three of the Patterns and everyone is making a big fuss about that. He's planning to walk the fourth and may have already for all I know."

"As for our prisoner, Raven knows more about it than I do, mainly because I know basically nothing. It would be nice to work with NYPD again. Yeah, I know it's not the same NYPD, but close enough for government work. From what I hear this time around I'll have a hard time keeping up with the cop instead of the other way around. That should be interesting."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

Gabriel's face comes up as he looks directly at Spellbinder and smiles. "I have a couple of ideas. We have a description. One of us should be able to draw a quick sketch. People don't know me yet as an Amberite or royal. I could throw on some local clothing and stow my gear. Sometimes people respond better to locals at their level. I could question them and see if I can track down when this person arrived and where he's been."

"If you can cast spells, why not see if you can trace the receipt to where he entered amber? Does magic work that way? It didn't really exist in my shadow earth. We can see if we can find other gear they brought with them from shadow and use pattern to get to the shadow they came from."
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

As the patrons busy themselves with other concerns the girl cooperates with Mr. Smith's questioning. After a few minutes of the exchange she bows slightly and turns for the door, pausing momentarily at the Amberites' discussion. The courier glances back long enough to raise an eyebrow* before flipping up the hood of her ashen shawl and striding out the door, an intangible gust fluttering the trio of cyan tassels on her shoulder as she bounds back to work.

Post by NPC »

It is at this point that the waitress hurries over to Spellbinder and Gabriel and the Raven, carrying a tray with three servings of fish and chips, as well as a few extra mugs of ale. She curtsies to Gabriel, "Your order, Sir," as she sets it down - and separates one out to the Raven, adding, "And a complimentary meal for your Lordship as well, of course."

Food delivered, she stands there for a moment longer. "Is there anything else I can get for any of you?"
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

Gabriel looks up, fishing 3 gold coins and 2 silver coins from his coin pouch.
Holding out the gold coins, "Thank you for the meals."
Holding out the silver coins, "Thank you for your service. That will be all for now. Gentlemen please enjoy the food."

OOC ( Gabriel will dig in and make small talk asking questions about where you're from and what you think of Amber. This can be RPed or not as desired)
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven picks through the fish and chips. The Raven is willing to make a minimal amount of small talk, though really there isn't much to say* because he's only been here about six weeks and doesn't have any memory before then.

"Regarding your offer of assistance, I think three people would be the ideal number for this venture. There is one more known accomplice in Amber, but I doubt he would provide any information above what we have already gathered. It would probably be best to start with tracing his path through shadow and seeing what we find on the other side."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

* - Though a news article can be found if one does some digging
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

The waitress stares at the proffered coins, but there's only a moment of hesitation before she shakes her head. "Thank you, Sir, but you already paid for all of this. Please enjoy your meal." And she leaves without accepting further coin.