07.14e Burning Spiders - Part II

The goings on of courts
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.14e Burning Spiders - Part II

Post by Brian C »

He gestures the coins at her again"Could you arrange to have these delivered to the castle and set aside for Gabriel?"
He will take off the sword and the Kevlar coat.
"I would like to acquire some local clothing as well, quickly. How much more would be required to make this happen?"
Turning towards the other table occupants. Given the type of shadows likely to produce an alchemist I'll need more appropriate clothing. I'll be ready to go as soon as I get new clothing. We can start back at the shop, backtrack him from there and move on."

***unless someone keeps the conversation going IC we'll move to the area surrounding the pastry shop.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"I'm going to need a little time to get the spell ready. The timing of stowing your gear and getting some new clothes should work out just about right. I can keep an eye on our guest here until the authorities come to pick him up. We might want to bring the knife along, just in case, and I should grab a hair from him. Fortunately I don't have to worry about a change of clothes so I'll be good to go shortly. Meet you there? Oh wait, exactly where is this shop?"
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

The waitress looks a bit flustered at the requests, but accepts the coins this time with a curtsy and an "Of course, Milord."
...She's then intercepted by Rolaldael (the moon elf), who quietly tells her that he'll take care of the Amberite's demands and she can get back to her job, a statement that seems to relieve her greatly.

To Gabriel, he says, "You will have clothing at your rooms in the Castle; if you would like, I can bring something appropriate back to you."

Mr. Smith, having completed his questioning of the messenger, answer's Spellbinder's question. "The pastries are from a shop on Ratheven Lane; to get there from here..." He fills in directions, though he gives them in a 'how to get there by foot' perspective, rather than a 'as the crow flies' perspective. Still, it shouldn't be hard to interpolate.

In the meantime, Nalivoire (the dark elf) helps herself to a donut.
Last edited by NPC on Fri May 20, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"I apologize if I upset your employee. If my rooms are ready, it's time to go to the castle.Thank you for your service. Gentelmen, I'll meet you on Ratheven Lane shortly."

Standing up, Gabriel gathers his belongings* and heads towards the exit.

*Those with enough warfare will notice Gabriel's gaze lingering on both elves for a quick second. Those with high psyche would probably notice that he is gawking and trying to hide it.
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

Rolaldael shakes his head, and follows along with Gabriel for at least long enough to make a bit of further conversation, "No, I do not work here. But you need to understand: when you give an order, people will obey. They won't tell you 'that's not my job', or 'I'm not comfortable doing that', because you could have them executed for such a refusal."

Nalivoire notices Gabriel's attention, and offers him a coy smile as he departs - apparently misinterpreting the reason for his interest. She doesn't follow, however.
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"Thank you for the information. I'm not used to things working that way and my previous time in Amber was very short."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Right, so that's cue to leave too. I'll catch up shortly."

----------
OCC - I'm assuming a new thread will be starting up?
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

(New thread is up over here.)