07.14d: Fae Hill, again

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

07.14d: Fae Hill, again

Post by Rasanam »

((OOC aside: Rasanam isn't expecting any particular complications or problems with what he's doing, but I figure it's better to make a thread and accept it might be short than to not make a thread and end up burdening down the main thread for the day with piles of details.))

Rasanam spends most of the day out in Faetown - first up is delivering an unassuming looking brown bag to Lady Ninear, "This has some of what you asked for; I tried to focus more on necessities, but it wasn't always clear where the line is, and some of the stuff I just didn't have time to locate. Oh, and fair warning: the bag's enchantment will only last a few days; anything left in it after that time will make a bit of a mess."

He pauses, then adds, "I've got an idea for how to set up a trade channel for exotic requirements that won't take up quite as much of my time and effort; I think maybe by the end of the festival? No guarantees, though - it may not work, and it would still take some of my attention to keep it running, so... probably not a good thing to rely on, even once it's set up."

(( OOC: Rasanam's plan here is to find a good market out in shadow to trade with, and use trump sketches to send out a weekly supply run. The person sent would be recalled via a trump sketch made of them just prior to sending them out, and both sketches would be destroyed after use. This way there's no way to use the trade route to quickly get into or out of Amber without going through a pair - I'm assuming Lyra would be involved - of Amberites. Of course, it does also come with risks; whoever gets sent out would not have much of a safety net if anything goes wrong. And it'd eat up perhaps as much as an hour of Rasanam's time, every week; not lots, but enough to be a constant annoyance and something he'll want to find a better solution for eventually.
Edit: On second thought, this won't work as described, since trump sketches break when the subject moves through shadow. Oh well. Something of the sort can be figured out.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.14d: Fae Hill, again

Post by Joshua »

(Sorry for the delay here.)

That will get a raised eyebrow. "That would explain a few things that blipped off my radar*. It's a good start."

Once talks of regular supplies start, Lady Ninear will talk about security for the transportation. She's willing to accept the strain of allowing someone to leave with a trump... or make a small group of envoys so that a lesser trump / trump could be made for 3 - 5 couriers, who she'd want to be elite tradesmen anyway... It'd take a bit more to setup, but... that would reduce the issues with getting back.

The talk of how these things should be distributed is not as complicated as it might seem. "I need this to live," comes first. Followed by, "I can use this to create a sustainable resource." She's doing the trades with the initial goal of getting the enchanters able to provide for the sub-town. She's surprisingly well versed in urban-planning and gang maintenance (as well as drug rehab, for those who are demanding things like opiates).
*: As a reminder, as a banshee, Lady Ninear can sense impending deaths. It doesn't take into account shadow travel or 'real power', so, shadow imports would cause such warnings to just vanish without reason.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.14d: Fae Hill, again

Post by Rasanam »

"Oh, good!" Rasanam smiles at Ninear's comment about things blipping off her death-sense. "Nice to have immediate confirmation that the side-trip was worth it."

The rest of the discussion goes more or less as described; using Lesser Trump and a few elite tradesman makes an excellent longer-term plan.

Rasanam leaves the meeting cheerful, heading out to spend the rest of the day on his new home - starting with fireproofing and helping Celeste relocate her home to the half of the property that she's keeping.

Most of what he's doing is via spellcasting*, but he also doesn't hesitate to chip in with physical strength when appropriate.
*: Fire-proofing uses "conjuration", or more specifically the empowerment branch thereof. Simply moving things around can be done via "sorcery" (force effects, gravity manipulation, teleportation, etc.)