07.13o A Private Conference

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.13o A Private Conference

Post by Draylen »

"I don't, no," he starts, before blinking. He stares at Alys. "Wait. What? Cameron spoke to Hivers? Where did he go? How did he find it? What happened?!"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Harrune found its home shadow. One of the minotaurs Cameron brought found that Lane followed a 'present god'. A bit of further investigation connected the two; Cameron was able to simply go to one of Lane's churches and use a connection there."

"How it went, though..."
Alys shrugs. "I presume reasonably well, but I have not spoken to Cameron since then. I believe either Harrune or Oberon is taking charge of the matter, though I could be mistaken. Also, I owe you an apology: when we found that your card had been delivered to Ashara, I did not believe there had been sufficient time for anything problematic to have come of it. I seem to have been mistaken; it is likely that Hivers was able to get a psychic impression of you off the card, and that would explain how it tracked us through shadow the other morning."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I... I... When was this? You'd been suspicious of Lane before, but I thought he'd been cleared because he actually gave Ashara my card. When did that stop being the case? What in the nine hells is going on, Alys?" The bear is looking seriously perturbed, even aggravated, at this news.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"There was a meeting, a bit before the soiree. I believe Quinn was handling invitations?"

"As for Lane... It was less suspicion and more paranoia; I would have double-checked for almost anyone you had chosen to entrust such a delivery to."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear frowned deeply at that, but inclined his head. "Yes, in fact, I would like to know more. That still... it seems odd. When is this meeting taking place?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys will go over what was discussed at the meeting, including exact wording if Aibne wants it.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear frowns a little and grumbles, leaning back. He sighs a little, listening to what went on. "I mean. I know it's my fault, but still. I really should have been told about this a while ago..." He rubs his forehead and frowns, shaking his head. "I"m going to need to gather the payments. But this all needs to get... fixed." He rubs the back of his neck, frowning. "Is there anything else major that I need to be told about?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Let me see... we have a new person in the deck, though he has not walked any Pattern. Cassandra had a riddle that seemed like it might be worth noting," Alys will provide the riddle in question.

And she'll spend a bit of time running through anything else important that the bear might have missed. OOC, I don't remember what all that might be, so if there's something specific you want her to have brought up, feel free to assume that she does so.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

As Alys reaches the end of her listing of important (or potentially important) things, she'll pause, frowning, then hold up a hand in a 'stop' gesture. "Trump call," she says, her eyes focusing on a point of what appears to be empty air.

A moment later she makes an angry hissing noise... and is then freezes motionless. Aibne - having a fairly decent psyche - will definitely pick up on the sense that Alys is straining against an invisible attacker... but who (or what) is on the other end of the call is not at all clear.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Wait, since when do you answer those?" he asks, just as Alys answers. He frowns a little, standing up at the hiss. His brow furrows in concern, before gently reaching out to touch Alys on her shoulder. "Are you okay?" he asks softly, tense.

After another moment, during which Alys didn't respond, the bear frowned. Gingerly, he pulled his hand off of Alys' shoulder and closed his eyes. Taking a deep breath, he gently touched Alys' forehead, and focused. "I'm here to help," he says, focusing on helping her to fight her combatant.