07.13x: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.13x: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"We can go into how we got here in a bit. As for what we need, there's a hive mind entity of immense power that has invaded this world from another realm and is making a foothold via religion. It's not welcome here and we need to shut it down and force it out."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods as Lyra explains, and then adds, "Er. Preferably with minimal side effects. It seems to operate on some very specific psychic wavelengths, so just blocking a few particular forms of interplanar communication - and shutting down the church it's got here already - may be sufficient."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I suppose. But, I want out of here. I have notes on how to use the wonder of magic... Might take a while to recreate without my real spellbook, but I can give you the basics fairly quickly." He nods. "Sound good?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "Sounds good to me; the basics should be fine. And, given that it's clear you're going to get out sooner or later, I don't see any particular reason we can't offer you a quicker - and less destructive - option than, well, that." He gestures at the thing Rath has been working on. "Though if you don't mind too much, there are a few people I'd like to give some small amount of advance notice to; Shamilisar*, for example."

As Rasanam talks, he also flips to a new page in his sketchbook and starts drawing a picture of Rath.**
_____
* Shamilisar is the current queen of the elves... as well as an old friend of Rath's. (Perhaps more than just friends? I don't think we found anything conclusive on that.)
** Yes, this is totally a trump sketch he's started working on.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It should be fine. And if she is still alive, then yes... a reunion would be good." He shrugs and turns back to the experiment. "So, do you think the blues are worth saving?"
*: You're having a REALLY hard time getting a psychic impression off of him. Although, you can identify a few reasons. First, he's completely encased by his familiar, which gives him a false face. Second, as a lich, his essence is spread between himself and his phylactery. Third, he's got a disturbing web of defensive spells on him.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shrugs. "As alive as you are. Though I suppose that could probably be addressed in both cases..." He makes a few quick notes off to the side of his sketch, "...And what kind of question is that? They're people, why would they not be worth saving? And for that matter, why would they need it in the first place?"*

_____
* There's an unspoken assumption here that Rath could pick up on**: Rasanam has decided that Rath's current project will not be completed, and is simply assuming that this intended end result is how things will play out.
** And Lyra should pick up on, even if Rath doesn't.
~ Edit: Just as a side note to the GM, Rasanam's reaction to Rath being difficult to make a trump sketch of is to take that as an indication that this should be really good practice. Also as an indication that his arcane sight spell needs some improvements.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"Whatever we do with the Wonder of Magic, we want to make sure that the effects are focused. We just want to make sure everyone is safe from this entity without causing some unintentional harm in the process so we might need more than just the basics..."

Lyra looks confused for a moment after Rath's last question before realizing what the two are discussing and echoing her husbands' sentiments. "Of course they're worth saving. Are they in Danger? They were quite polite and helpful on our way here."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks over at Lyra, "I believe the danger he's referring to is the side effects of the device he's building. Which would also wreck most of Acra if we were to let him complete it here. Which," he turns back to Rath, "Is why we won't be doing that. Of course, that doesn't require any immediate action - unless I've completely misjudged how fast you're working, we have a few months yet, and I wasn't planning on offering Shamilisar and Lazarus - the current head of Acra's mage guilds - more than a week of advance notice."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Very well, If you are getting them out of here, you may want to arrange a place for them."

Rath proceed to tell you how to use the shadow abilities I think you paid for...

After his lessons on the use of the wonders, he will notice your rings. "Is that how you got in here?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra looks over at her husband questioningly but replies, "I'm not completely sure. We were able to open the temple doors to get up here but precisely what made that happen, I can't say."