07.13x: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.13?: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks around as well, putting up a quick mage sight spell and looking for anything that seems to be either a wizard lab sort of building or a central temple.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Let's see, there's 6 to 8 medium sized metal and wood buildings (with glass). There's one semi-obvious wizard lab, one of the medium sized buildings toward the north east (the gardens on the top seem to be divided into 4 quadrants). Also, while there are occasional 'wandering monsters' consisting of those metal machines, you currently outclass them and have enough good stuff they're not going to get in a lucky shot.

Near the wizard labs are signs of goblins, with totems to ancient gods (of goblin magic?) that are clearly not intended to be part of the decor.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam gestures to the totems. "That seems a bit out of place. Shall we start our investigation there, then?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(Sorry to jump the gun, I can take this back if needed.)

The room looks a bit sci-fi, as did most of the hidden elven city, if you recall. Metal walls, a regular lab. It has been converted from it's original use to a major living area for goblins. And not recently either. They've been here for a thousand years*.

Two blue-skinned goblins (small D&D goblins, not the piranha Pathfinder ones) will quickly appear around a corner with bows** drawn. They speak in ancient draconic***. "Who goes there?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra looks somewhat surprised as she raises her hands in a traditional gesture of 'I come in peace'. She replies in the same language, doing her best to mimic the dialect. "Ancient Draconic...interesting. I'm Lydre-Altherin Lyra, a daughter of House Crathis. This is my husband, Lydre Rasanam. We've come seeking one who used to call this place home, a wizard by the name of Rath."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

They will look among themselves and talk in hushed whispers.... The one who spoke will grumble and continue, "You don't seem to be 'sheen. But the gateway is sealed. You are from the outside city?" He will demand.

The other one, still holding a crackling lightning bolt at the ready, will attempt to look you over, invoking* a few low level detection spells.
Lunatic

That's fine by me, he can detect all he wants. "I assume by sheen you mean those mechanical creatures. No, we're not like them. We did come here from the city below, yes, through a pillar of light that brought us to the center of this Island. We're not here to cause trouble."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam also has no objections to the various detection spells, though it's worth noting that he does have a mage sight spell running; in terms of the setting, it probably registers as a 'strong' (spell level 7-9) divination.

"Odd devices," he adds. "Not much that's like them outside. I do wonder what their purpose is."
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.13x: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Apparently when I replied to this, I didn't hit submit...)

The goblins chatter again. "You seek the creator..." Finally, they will lower their weapons. "Follow."

They will lead you to the rest of the goblin clan. the blue-skinned goblins quickly draw together a council. Finally, a wizened older goblin will ponder you both. After a short introduction...

"And what are your goals with Rath? What will become of the inside world when you have him?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.13x: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

"We know more than most about his power and history and wish his assistance, through consultation at a minimum, more if he's willing. We've become aware of a potential threat to this entire world, both up here and down below, and we think he's likely the best person to aid us in keeping everyone safe."