07.13x: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

07.13x: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

Post by Rasanam »

(( Part 1; Part 2. ))

As has become their habit, Rasanam and Lyra return to their home shadow "overnight", using its adjustable time flow to fit a few days of activity (not to mention actual time to rest) in between each of Amber's days.

Rasanam's intended step one is to bring Nate up to speed on events in Amber over the past day - assuming Nate is around, of course - and then ask if there's any local news they should be aware of.
Last edited by Rasanam on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.13?: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

Post by Joshua »

"Well, the wards around the adversary are strong, for now. There's been some oddness in Acra that is separate from the mage towers... Just... A bit of shadow editing. Not even much, but... A single new church has arrived. The Church of the One was up in arms about it, but it's too soon to see if it comes to anything or not." Nate will answer.

As you explain he will nod. "It might be that. I think they used a heptigram for the holy symbol, and it was beleived to be an offshoot of the Church of Acra."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra appears clearly upset. "Too soon...that's not something I want to let continue on its own to see what happens. Everyone might have the right to believe what they want but this isn't freedom of religion. I'm inclined to remove them before they have a chance to grow and cause problems. I can try and look into it and see what can be done if you'll be busy though I'd certainly appreciate any assistance and company. I'm not sure how diplomatic I can be when dealing with it/them..."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "If 'theotropolis' has found its way here, that definitely needs to go. The tricky part is figuring out how best to do that. I'd be tempted to just ask it to leave... but there's no way it'll pay attention unless I declare I'm speaking for Amber. Which, I mean, I could do... but that'd probably call more of its attention to this place than we really want."

"Then again, forcing it out might do that anyway, no matter how it's accomplished. Although..." Rasanam looks around at the game board and control mechanism, "Maybe there's some setting here that'd let us block its communication channels? Something like that should at least buy us some time..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Controls for what magic works and what doesn't is built into the mage towers. In theory, at least. That's why it was able to exile and contain Thir- er, the One god." He will think. "This place simply handles time-changes... I believe you can alter fate a little bit here, but I believe the Crystalline oracle would be better for that." He will think... "A multi-shadow threat would be easy with chaos-power. For yours... Are you willing to destroy its home shadow?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam frowns. "I'd consider that to be something of a last resort. If it comes down to that or watch it destroy this world... I know which I'd choose to preserve. But I'd hope we can resolve matters without such drastic measures."

"As for the mage towers... sounds like a good time to go talk to Rath. We'd kinda planned on doing that this trip anyway; this just gives it a bit more urgency."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Yeah we might need a bit of an assist with this one. Hmm...with the way Gods work here, I wonder if belief in this religion would strengthen 'theotropolis' or create a new entity here separate from it. Neither is likely a good outcome. I completely agree though. Total destruction is a last resort but if it comes to that, it'll have brought it on itself as far as I'm concerned. Rath is a good start. I'd be willing to seek Odin's assistance if we need it but I'd rather keep our home here low key for as long as possible though."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nate grumbles, "50* is the minimum to make more than a personal god." He will ponder the broken board. "It can definitely create that. Which means that its powers will work here, but only on those it already possesses. If it can create more worship in the masses, then a proper channel could be made."

The demon rubs his chin. "Rath's trap, might work on it. Or, the magic it uses could be forbidden with the towers. That would limit it almost completely. You might have enough power to undo the decree of the One. A last resort, as that would destroy this age."

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "Well. Shall we go take a look at the 'true wonder of magic' and see what we can do, then?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I'm not sure where Rath hid the controls. My guess is that he'd have put it in his old tower, Topaz. It's also possible that Amythist, the only one on a cardinal direction, might have it. Or... It may be accessible from any of them." He thinks. "You're a member of topaz, right? I'd start there."