07.13M Of Diplomats and Discussions

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

07.13M Of Diplomats and Discussions

Post by Draylen »

Aibne led Alys along the paths from the riddling game, frowning slightly as he did so. "What troubles you, Alys?" he asked in but a whisper, glancing at her through the corner of his eye. "You seem... very displeased with me. Have I wronged you unknowingly?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.13M Of Diplomats and Discussions

Post by Wyvern »

"No... Remember your question about 'stealing memories'? That requires a psychic impression of the target, which can be acquired in a number of ways... simple conversation and social contact is the slowest option, however, typically requiring several days. Still, that puts a definite limit on the amount of time I am willing to spend in proximity with Odin."

_____
Continued from here.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Oh, right." The bear nods a little and frowns, sighing briefly. "His mind swapping trick. Must be great at parties..." he mumbles a little and sighs again, before taking a deep breath in. His posture... changes. No longer just the bear Aibne Grant, no longer even merely an Amberite, he puts on height, status. He smiles a little at Alys, and gives a brief nod, continuing along the path to find Odin. He feels authoritative now - the gold outfit looks comfortable on him, and the chest takes on a more armored appearance. The illusion, and illusion it is, feels as if he is... powerful, powerful enough to stride into any danger, into any situation, and sort it out without issue.

But... it's also weak, in ways that anyone who knows Aibne would pick up on immediately. Just a mask, beyond the edges of which it's easy to peel off, find the easy, vulnerable bear underneath.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will meet Aibne after a bit. He's just finished up with Harrune. "Greetings... Are you looking for me?"

He will nod lightly to Alys. "Mi'Lady."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Yes, I did," the bear says, smiling a little. He glances around, making a slow line to a relatively empty pavilion, before glancing back. His eyes catch Lyra's, and with talent only one used to public speaking can be, he pitches his voice just right for her to hear. "Ah, Lyra. Would you mind getting us something light and refreshing? I haven't eaten in some time, and today's been rather stressful, but I don't want to overdo it. You would be perfectly welcome to join us, when you return," he says, flashing her a smile, before acquiring four chairs and a round table.

He nods his head at Odin, glancing at one of the seats, before sitting opposite, smiling at the master shapeshifter even as his eyes glance at Alys, checking to see how she is doing.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys matches Odin's nod exactly*, "Odin."

And then she claims the seat to Aibne's left, waiting to sit until just after Aibne does.**

_____
* It is not clear if this is deliberate on her part, or if Odin is using mental shapeshifting to preemptively match what she was going to do. Probably a bit of both.
** A very deliberate choice, subtly declaring that Aibne is in charge of this particular conversation. And choice of chair may have further implications if you're the sort to read into such things.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will set down across from Aibne. "It is good to talk again Aibne. So, what do you desire from me*?"
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

OOC: I'll assume some light (unimportant) banter has been going on so that time can reasonably progress enough for Lyra to get refreshments and return.

Lyra returns after a short while, tray in hand with several glasses and an assortment of snack foods. "I hope I brought enough for everyone," she offers, taking an available seat and setting the tray within reach of the others.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear smiles at Lyra as she sits down, nodding a little. "I'm sure you've done fine, thank you," he says, before smiling at Odin, folding his paws together and placing them on the table.

"So, I'd like to begin this by sharing some... information, that may or may not have reached your ears." he nods at the three gathered at the table, before closing his eyes. "Early this afternoon, I fought Dworkin for freedom for all those he called 'Amberites', and an end to the curse he's placed. I lost, and in exchange for my life, he bade me to take up the title Champion of Amber."

"This, for the record, is why I've asked the three of you here. Each of you represents, one way or another, one of the Powers with an interest in Amber. Lyra, you are a representative of the Established Order, the so-called Amberites, handpicked by Dworkin, the Pattern, or both to lead the plane where Dworkin cares not to interfere. Alys, you are a representative of the Exiled Nobility; people who once wielded great political clout, and who have clawed their way back to it by virtue of denying its nonexistence. And you, Odin," he says, inclining his head, "are an Exalted Dignitary, here on a mission of Diplomacy from the place the Demon came from before."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys raises an eyebrow. "Two of your categories seem reasonable - though I expect some would argue that all three of us," a gesture encompasses everyone except Odin, "Represent the 'Established Order'. For the third, however, I rather doubt that there is any real power there to be represented - or that I would be in any way representative if there were."

"After all," she adds, reaching for some of the snacks Lyra brought, "My personal interest in Amber is to repay a debt, not to settle down here."*

______
* Made a slight edit to this sentence based on OOC discussions with Aibne's player. The "Exiled Nobility" category Aibne's talking about is people like, for example, Morek, and anyone else who was nobility (or deity, or etc) elsewhere and are working to rebuild their power in Amber. That this is what he means should be relatively obvious to people with Amber level psyche.