07.13k: Of Moats and Marionettes

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.13k: Of Moats and Marionettes

Post by Joshua »

Oberon will sigh and nod to Harrune... to both items most likely.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune sighs deeply. "My apologies. I've heard people speculate that we can destroy entire shadows, but always a theoretical possibility. I think I may have thought of a way to actually do it. ...at least in a broad sense. There are still details to be worked out. For instance, I'm not sure what the repercussions would be for someone who actually tried it, or what effect it would have on surround shadows, or... Well, you get the point I believe."

"Anyone who would not be staggered by such a realization is someone who should not have that power."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Ah." Rasanam closes his eyes for a few moments before continuing.

"I have had to deal with a... similar realization before. I will not ask you for further details; with any luck, none of us will need to find out any of the practical implications."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon will let out a sigh. "I suppose if all others step back, then I have stepped forward. Very well, I can coordinate. If we wish a peaceful solution or not, we need a way to harm this thing. Harrune, when it hit you, were there any images or themes? If we could find something that threatened it in the past, we'll have an alternative to destroying the whole shadow. It is not a higher power, it must be bound by rules, even local ones.

"and don't walk to such an answer. If it does infect similar shadows, you'd walk right into its clutches."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"You seem less than enthusiastic about the role my friend. I will point out that only a very few of us are here. One could hardly say that we have all 'stepped back'. I presume that you would care to be more active in something that could present a great danger to us all. Perhaps we could ask Morgana? She can be formidable, but I think she would likely wish to avoid battle on this scale. And our adversary seems to prefer uniformity, so it may not respond well to someone who appears so different than its own parts, which would make her a poor fit for the diplomatic team. Or better still, Rolf, Richard and Will. They tend to travel less than some of us, and they are more tasked with the defense of Amber. I think they would like find the need to stay here while this is resolved less onerous than it would be for others. I think Ossian and Darnell would prefer more active roles as well."

Harrune rubs his chin. "Well it's a thought any way."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon will nod. "Thank you. Yes, they should be a good choice." He will nod. "I can relay what we know."

He will think a bit at the mention of Ossian. "Do you know what's up with Ossian tonight? And where did Darnell end up?"
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Ossian spent the day here." Harrune waves his hand to encompass Tir-Na. "I have only spoken to him briefly. He seemed...unfocused at best. Unfortunately he was not forthcoming with details of his experience. I have not seen Darnell yet myself, but no doubt he is around here somewhere."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Huh? Well, I'll leave Ossian to you. I'll let Rolf, Richard and Will know, then try to find Darnell." Oberon will say... And get up to get that started, unless theres an objection or other thought.
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

A certain (surprisingly socially mobile) grey-attired server quietly* slips into the terrace some time after Oberon has left, equipped with a professional demeanor and a covered platter wafting of fresh baking. Taking a polite moment to survey and be surveyed by the four assembled individuals, he begins talking without introduction.

"Good evening, Gentlemen. I noticed that you had been conversing for some time without refreshment, and have decided to take the initiative to offer assistance towards the address of what is clearly a pertinent issue**. Now, would anyone care to take gamble, and try a fresh-baked delight?**"

~: He has been meandering upon garden paths, so it is entirely probable that someone on the terrace had seen him with Asai and/or Alys. While Ranasam would definitely recognize him whether the wizard (or anyone else present) has thought to check his deck is up to the player(s).
Again, it may be worth noting that Caelund's outward personality is carefully fabricated, and he has not been seen flying at all throughout the event.
Last edited by kitsunenotsume on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Oh, hello again, Mr. Johnson; thank you." Rasanam cheerfully avails himself of a second pastry, and gets halfway through it before getting a slightly puzzled expression. "Wait. You weren't entirely talking about the pastries, were you?"