07.13h: Moonlight Sonata

The goings on of courts
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.13h: Moonlight Sonata

Post by Spellbinder »

"Outrageously incredible? I have no idea what would qualify as that here. The best I've managed is adequate, bordering on mildly interesting. Disappearing would be easier."

"And of course music is a form of magic. Look at the effect it just had on you. Manipulating moods is subtle, but very powerful. 'Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast'...or so they say where I come from. Magic isn't always lightning bolts and fireballs. Music has its own rituals and arcane language. It can even be a form of meditation." Spellbinder quietly, almost absently, sings "I'm young, I'm wild and I'm free. Got the magic power of the music in me." He smiles. "Sorry, it just seemed...right."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Oh, probably, and there's any number of ways to pull it off." He shrugs a little and muses, before glancing at Spellbinder. "You could always kill Dworkin, I'm sure that would make you sufficiently unapproachable."

He shakes his head a little, shrugging. "Do what is natural to you," he says, smiling softly. "That's the best advice you'll ever get, almost anywhere, to the point of being cliche. But it's still true, and it's still important. Nobody worth being around will think less of you for it."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Well killing someone never comes naturally to me so I would say that's off the list. I guess I'll just have to keep fumbling my way along and hope for the best. Disappearing is still an option if I need it. I can keep a low profile when I need to."

"But what about you? Is this anger what comes naturally to you? And is it the person you want to be?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I will say only that there are good reasons for it, and leave it at that," he says after a few moments, frowning slightly. He shakes his head. "So! Have you met anyone interesting while you've been here? You said you'd been around, I assume you found a guide?"
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"And I'll say fair enough and leave it at that."

"I've been shown a deck of those cards of yours...very interesting things. I'd like to learn more about them some day. Any way, I've met about half the people on them so far...at most. Oberon and Quin started out as guides, but both left me to sort it out for myself. I have found someone who knows the city pretty well to show me around, but in some ways I think I'm showing him around more. Right now he's off exploring that maze."*

*Any reasonable amount of Psyche should catch that he making an effort to NOT look at the maze.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder begins to glance (nervously? curiously?) around. "There's something going on. Something odd. I can't quite seem to put a finger on it, but there's definitely something. I get the feeling it's something I should be keeping my nose out of. That usually doesn't stop me, but this time...yeah, I think I'm better off staying out of it."

OOC: And so Spellbinder avoids getting into a a game that he's not well equipped for. Another triumph for good stuff!
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Quin is okay, and Oberon is really interesting. I'd love to know more about how he does the weird mind-trick thing that he has, but he wasn't up for explaining that," the bear says, sighing briefly, before smiling a little and shrugging. "Who did you get to be your guide? I might know them. I know most people." He won't glance at the maze either, smiling a little at Spellbinder, sitting down and enjoying the music.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

" I don't know the mind trick that you're talking about, so I can't tell you anything about it."

"As for my guide, he goes by the name Chance but I doubt that's his real name. Who am I to criticize about that? He travels with a very large rat named Risk. He's an aspiring artisan who unfortunately got here broke and can't afford to get set up to practice his trade. He's been showing me around and I've been doing what I can to give him protection, food and shelter. I'd say it's been working out pretty well so far. Helping them is probably the one thing I've done right since I got here. They are off doing some exploring at the moment. They got me where I needed to be, so no reason for them not to have some fun."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Chance, huh? I think I know him..." The bear pauses a little, staring into space for a moment, before shaking his head. "It's nice that the urchins are getting someone to protect them. I've tried, but before, my hands were tied, and now..." There's a small pause, as he looks down and stares at his massive paws, clenching them into fists, before slowly releasing them with a deep, heaving breath. "Well. Now my hands are bound by something rather stronger than mere steel. Oh, to be bound by gleipnir, t'would be easier to escape."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: As a note, this is actually taking place before Standing Stones. There isn't two Aibne's at the party.)