07.13h: Moonlight Sonata

The goings on of courts
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

07.13h: Moonlight Sonata

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder wanders away from the Go table. He looks around and notices that Chance still hasn't returned. Convinced that the spells here will keep him safe enough, it isn't a cause for concern. A truly observant individual will see that on some level he seems to be avoiding looking at the maze for some reason. Not feeling ready to start another game, he finds himself feeling a bit out of sorts. He starts to wander around and see the sights.

Without being consciously aware of it, something catches him and starts guiding his motions. He drifts (figurative, not literally although that would be possible at the moment thanks to Asai) through the tables and people. He turns a corner a finds a quartet playing. The music has been there in the background the whole time, but he was too distracted to notice. Now, he does. What he finds is a very odd combination of instruments being played. There is a guitar, a bodhran (drum), and elven flute and a glass harmonica (one of these). The musicians manage to combine the eclectic array of instruments to produce beautiful, ethereal music. Fascinated, he stops to listen...
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.13h: Moonlight Sonata

Post by Draylen »

Dismayed and disgruntled, the bear stomps up toward the sonata. He's cleaned up from his previous fights, though he's making a careful show of things to avoid seeming hurt or injured - easier to do when you're recovering much faster than most Amberites. He closes his eyes as the music washes over him, his fingers very carefully not picking at the ornate golden suit he's wearing, letting the music calm him down.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

The dissonance of Aibne's footsteps catches Spellbinder's attention as he approaches. He turns to see who is approaching so noisily. Noticing the bear's obvious mood, he leaves the bear in peace for the moment and (mostly) focuses on the music. After Aibne has had a chance to decompress, Spellbinder will turn to him. "Music can really help some times. Feeling any better now?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Yes, a little..." he says, breathing out slightly. He shakes his head a little, and offers a weak smile to Spellbinder. "Ah, hello. I"m sorry, I don't believe we've been introduced. My name is Aibne Grant of Ht'gon, Champion of Amber. It's nice to meet you."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder gives the bear a lopsided grin. "Oh sure, you say that now... No, we haven't met yet. I'm pretty new here. I'm known as Spellbinder, superhero at large."

"Champion of Amber? I haven't heard that title yet. Mind if I ask what that entails?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"You can't possibly be worse than the madman who... 'owns' this place," he spits, closing his eyes. He breathes out, hiding a small look of confusion as he introduces himself as a superhero, shrugging a little. "Champion of Amber is a... new, title. I earned it in a wager. I lost. So it will entail... Championing for all of the Peoples of Amber, as well as the realm, and all that such encompasses."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"So, a difficult sometimes dangerous job, helping and protecting people who don't understand and will fear and sometimes even hate you for it. Oh, and not even a paycheck." Spellbinder rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Now where have I heard that before?"

"Okay, seriously, if I understand what you're talking about it can be a terrible burden, or is could be the most rewarding thing you can possibly imagine. The cheers of the crowds are cool, but can't compare to the look in the eye of the child you just saved as he says he wants to grow up to be just like you, or even watching people quietly go about their lives blissfully unaware of the horrible fate that you just saved them from. You say this is a new title, and from the sounds of it not clearly defined. Define it. Put your own stamp on it. Make it yours. It can be what you choose to make it. Did you lose that wager, or did you win? It all comes down to how you choose to look at it. Which do you choose to be Aibne Grant, victim or volunteer?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I wagered for freedom from the scourge of a foul and perverse Devil playing God," he growls. "I will win that the hard way, as I must, but the title he has set before me is a... consolation prize." He sighs a little, rubbing his forehead. "My apologies. I am a person of the People. I was a bard before I came here, and a slave while I was. I got 'elevated'," he explains, even adding the air quotes, "to Lord scant days ago, and Champion mere hours. I know what I needs must do with the title. And while the time stands that I must suffer his foul presence on this plane and his dark curse surrounding us like a miasma, so I shall shore up the defenses of the people, and work to strengthen them, unite them."

He mutters something darkly under his breath after that, a hard and heavy gloom casting over his features, but he sighs. "I will make do. Have you been shown around?"
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Shown around? You mean Tir-Na Nog'th? No. I was kinda surprised that there wasn't a greeter when I got here. I was braced for a bit more pomp considering everyone seems to be making a fuss over me. Actually it was a bit of a relief."

"I've been poking around in the city a bit, and spent some time in the Castle. I spent some time at Ht'gon An-rit as well, but haven't made it to Rebma yet." He sighs deeply. "I just haven't been able to get the rhythm of this place yet. Almost nothing I do seems to come out right. Usually things just seem to fall into place for me, but here? Not so much. Maybe Oberon was right..."

Spellbinder makes a visible effort to get himself off of that chain of thought. "So, bard eh? Sounds interesting. If I hadn't had the magical aptitude I would have wanted to be a musician. I can sing well enough, but never learned to play an instrument."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Oh, I meant, the plane in general." He rubs the back of his neck. "Ah... I"ve only been here a couple of times, and I didn't really have much leave to go exploring when I was," he'll admit, frowning.

"People have been making a fuss about you? That must be frustrating. Sorry to here that. Honestly, I wish I could do something about that... your best bet is to either disappear from the limelight for a bit, or, if that's not your style, do something so outrageously incredible everyone feels petty for bothering you about things."

"As for Ht'gon or Remba, those are places I can definitely help you out in. I used to spend every other month or so in Amber, too, so if you ever need a good place with good ale and food for reasonable prices, I can set you up."

The big bear does blush a little, and pulls out a collapsible folding harp from under his cloak. "Ah, this was a gift from Alystrakos... I think she made it out of six dozen weapons, but I'm not actually entirely sure..." he says, smiling at the band, putting it together quickly and deftly. "Music, so many, many people have told me, is a kind of magic. Well, of course it is. Anything you know how to do that other people don't is," he murmurs, as he plucks a couple of quiet notes, tuning it carefully, before letting his fingers play the garrote-strings, harmonizing perfectly with the band currently playing.