07.13h: Moonlight Sonata

The goings on of courts
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.13h: Moonlight Sonata

Post by Spellbinder »

"Gleipnir?" Spellbinder ponders for a moment. "Ah, I see."

"If I get this right, certain people and events are echoed throughout the...Shadows? Yeah, that's the word they use here. Each echo distorts, so they become variations on themes more than accurate retellings. That's about the size of it, right?"

"In the version from my home, Fenris allowed himself to be bound because of his own pride. He was deceived by a soft appearance and his own arrogant faith in his strength. He then raged when he realized his own folly."

Spellbinder looks Aibne up and down. "But who's Tyr?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Oh, um." The bear frowns a little, furrowing his eyebrows. "My version is different... It had been a game, between the Gods of Men and Beasts. Something in place of war, it was about domestication." He turns his wrist a little, musing. "I think it was originally for competition over the worlds, but that's not important...

"Fenrir was the greatest and strongest of the Beastkings, and the Mengods challenged him to a game of dominance. Tyr was a god of wisdom, honor, and courage, who tamed the wolf with a major showing of respect and sacrifice after Loki wove an impossible leash for him. The only thing that the Beastking couldn't get out of."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder will go into a comparison of the two different versions the myths...or history...or whatever it maybe.

O.O.C. I'm kinda at a loss to how to answer that, so I'm responding with small talk. Aibne can take this an opportunity to bring up a new topic or make his excuses and join the riddle contest as he sees fit.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Well, I suppose that I've held you up for long enough. If you'll excuse I should go find my guide," Spellbinder gives a crooked grin, "as he may have gotten himself lost."

I'm assuming that Aibne will not stop him from wandering off at this point.