07.13: Cards in the Clouds

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.13: Cards in the Clouds

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra made her appearance a short while ago in accompaniment of her husband, her outfit a suitable match for his own blue and silver. She's since taken to mingling though while he sets up the magical maze, her gaze roaming to it from time to time, a look of eagerness on her face. She briefly converses with Rasanam before he heads off with Harrune to search out Ossian. In general she does her best to meet and engage with anyone she hasn't met before with an eye towards how Tir-Na and Ht'Gon can work together, merchant matters, and/or religious discussions. Of course the more interesting and "monstrous" attendees grab her attention first.

OOC: Sorry for dropping off the face of the planet. A convention ate me for a week.
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

On a floating island set with decorative cherry trees:
Anriki is playing Go against Spellbinder and Lyra, with Chance and Rasanam looking on.
Lady Nia is nearby, procuring tea and beverages for those involved in playing Go.
Several games of Shogi (Japanese Chess) are ongoing in the area, most notably, Fjolnir (Rasanam's raven familiar) is playing against Celeste.
At the far side of the island are a number of games of Mahjong; the notable player here is Kim Su-Jin.

On a floating island set with vines and a stone-henge like arrangement of runed monoliths:
Cassandra's riddle contest will be held here; at the moment, the sphinx is lounging on one of the monoliths, eyes closed, as participants gather and swap practice riddles.

At Rasanam's maze:
Victor Magesoul is double-checking and maintaining the enchantments; Anniah & Risk (and a number of other un-named NPCs) are exploring the interior. (Someone, somewhere, is making a joke about Risk being a rat in a maze.)

On the ground level of the gardens:
Breaca Keigwin and Caelund are attending to assorted refreshments tables.
Alystrakos is playing Parcheesi with Lady Ninear & company.

Location varies:
Rolaldael is managing security, and could easily turn up (or be approached) in any location.
Harrune has returned from speaking with Ossian, and may (or may not) have resumed greeting new arrivals.
Asai is drifting about with typical cat-like nonchalance (and occasionally bolting off in a seemingly random direction).

Notable new arrivals:
Kizak, the water dragon, has just arrived, and is enjoying the novel sensation of 'swimming' in midair.
Odin and Krajk have also just arrived and - if he's there - will likely pause a moment to talk to Harrune. (Harrune: if this sounds like a good idea to you, it might be worth making a thread for this.)
Rogbar and Jiga are on their way up the stairs and should arrive shortly.

Not Present:
Ch'talo is being shown around Rebma's fish market by Edge. It is possible that they will turn up here eventually. It is possible that they will not. The Raven may or may not still be lurking in this scene.
Ossian is expected to arrive any minute now.

Location Undefined, But Expected To Show Up Eventually:
Oberon, Darnell, Aibne, Cameron, Morgana, Quin, and of course Dworkin.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

((Wyvern finally beat me over the head enough to catch up on things. Wrble. I shall figure out a proper post when I haven't just plowed through a few weeks of content all t'once.))

Asai has been seem flitting past now and then, sometimes flying, sometimes walking through the air, once 'swimming', and a couple times using creative reinterpretations of gravity*. Her basic dress garb is much the same as usual - a decorative leather harness and a bit of decorative sparkle on her fur. The glimmer on her fur is in is the palest white-silver this time and somehow manages to be suggestive of stars**, but when she passes through a patch of moonlight some of the 'stars' are brighter than others in a pattern that faintly evocative of the overall styling of the actual Tir'na Nog'th Pattern***. Her harness, on the other hand, seems to change its styling at random (though never when anyone's actually watching). The actual leatherwork, an embossed twining knotwork pattern so fine it looks almost like woven fabric from a distance, remains unchanged, but the coloration and reflectivity are mutable. One time it is a basic color-shifting knotwork pattern, another time the patterning is does a remarkably good impression of a subdued plaid, another time is is feather-like, then (fake) arcane glyphs, or tiger-like striping. The latter is especially odd-looking given that while the colors keep changing, sometimes actively as in the initial example, the overall color-scheme remains the same loose blue-green-gold as on previous occasions.

She seems somewhat distracted, though not at all in an unfortunate sort of way. Rather more the sort wherein a scientist has just gone, 'That's odd...' and cheerfully started ignoring the rest of the world.

(*Read - walking on the walls/ceiling, but with fur/garb/etc. pointing her 'down' rather than gravity's 'down.')
(**A proper dark-sky starscape, not the isolated odd constellation thanks to light pollution.)
(***Never the actual Pattern itself, just clearly a similar/derivative style. [Edit - Oops, missed a footnote.])
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Current Break-it-down*

On a floating island set with decorative cherry trees:
Anriki is playing Go against Lyra, although they're taking a pastry break with Caelund and Rasanam.
Lady Nia** is nearby, procuring tea and beverages for those involved in playing Go.
Several games of Shogi (Japanese Chess) are ongoing in the area, most notably, Fjolnir (Rasanam's raven familiar) is playing against Celeste, and Odin and Harrune just started their second game.
At the far side of the island are a number of games of Mahjong; the notable player here is Kim Su-Jin**. Although, I suspect Ossian will be joining them unless he's intercepted as he arrives.

On a floating island set with vines and a stone-henge like arrangement of runed monoliths:
Cassandra's riddle contest is starting. To be honest, I don't have a lot of good riddles, so... It's more background stuff and tests of psyche. There are a few orcs and people from other courts with invites, although one goblin did get kicked out for having an inappropriate riddle***.

At Rasanam's maze:
Victor Magesoul is double-checking and maintaining the enchantments; Anniah, Chance & Risk (and a number of other un-named NPCs) are exploring the interior. (Someone, somewhere, is making a joke about Risk being a rat in a maze.) Most of them could meet someone here or head elsewhere. (there's a lot of NPCs around, like Kizak.)

On the ground level of the gardens:
Lady Ninear & company are now playing parcheesi with Rogbar, Jiga and Asai.

Location varies:
Rolaldael is managing security, and could easily turn up (or be approached) in any location.
Krajk is 'out of phase' with the party. (Arcane?) Also, Darnell is there.

Not Present:
Ch'talo is engaging in a battle for acceptance at Rebma by fishing. Yay.
Quin has, apparently, better things to do.
Cameron is moving IRL and really needs to show up soon to advance plot.

New Arrivals:
Ossian is heading to majong.
Oberon is somewhere... This isn't his kind of party, but he's doing a token showing.
Aibne and Spellbinder are by the music.
Morgana has made her way to the majong tables.
Dworkin is... somewhere. I can't imagine him playing games though, so your guess is as good as mine.
______
*: Und get funky!
**: Lady Nia and Kim Su-Jin have this angry static between them, even though they're nowhere near each other.
***: "Do you have a little goblin in you?"****
****: Don't ask.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys moves from the parcheesi tables to lurk near Cassandra's riddle contest; it's also worth noting that she declines any invitations to the background game.

_____
OOC: I seem to recall some mention of Ossian showing up here in chat, but the post above indicates he's heading for Majong instead? *shrug* There are any number of people who could seek her out at this location.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron makes a late appearance, accompanied by Father Stormroar. Both have a military dress to them, Cameron looking surprisingly more kempt than in the past, and while he doesn't have his satchel, he still carries a folio under one arm. They quickly take a seat somewhere private, and await the pleasure of others to discuss his findings.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Jiga looks over in Aibne's direction as they depart the game of parcheesi. "I worry about him too. I tried talking to him earlier but he still seems troubled. He feels like he was tricked into receiving the power he's got and now refuses to see it as anything but a chain around his neck or puppet strings on his limbs; waiting to make him dance at someone else's whim. I'm not sure there's anything we can say that will change his views. We just need to be there to support him as his frineds. At least that's my take on it. You know him better though so I'll help out however you think is best."

Jiga leads Rogbar over to Rasanam's maze, happily coaxing the cat into utilizing the flight spells. She gains a bit of altitude over the heads of most of the party-goers so she can really spread her wings and does a few loops and rolls, enjoying the ease of flight before leading the cat up to the maze. A quick chat with Victor Magesoul gives them the general idea of how the sphere works and Jiga pulls the feline into the lower entrance, more interested on the experience Rasanam's prepared than attaining a prize.With any luck, the leisurely pace through the pleasant scenery with help to ease Rogbar's worries and cheer him up a bit.
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

A small sliver of silver streaks subtly from the sideboard of snacks. It alights briefly within a nearby bush, opening a pair of shimmering antennae to the air while chittering softly to nothing in particular. After a moment, it curls the antennae back in and drops off the branch, swooping from beneath the flora on the muted hum of crystalline wings to make a beeline for the maze and angling into the lower entrance a respectable time behind Jiga and Rogbar.