07.09i: In Pursuit of Blood

The goings on of courts
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

07.09i: In Pursuit of Blood

Post by The Raven »

The Raven is tracking a blood bird because it was interesting. He's not (yet) interested in where it's going, so for now he's "researching" it more than studying it.

Raven will approach with caution, but not too much caution. That would require patience and the blood bird hasn't yet demonstrated it is worth being patient with.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.09i: In Pursuit of Blood

Post by Joshua »

The bird flies toward the bay first, looking around at the hustle and bustle of the market. It doesn't land, but instead takes off over the water. About 2 - 3 miles out (it's going fairly fast, so that's only about 5 - 10 minutes), it begins to shift shadows. Following is trivial, if you are so inclined. The water shifts, first to a deep blue, then gaining a greenish tint.

This process takes a bit.... so you have plenty of time to decide if you want to follow it this far, catch it, or whatnot. It does seem to have a destination in mind.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven is more interested in observing the blood bird then where he's going, and by the time he realizes he's left amber it's too "late."

"Might as well see where it's going then... strange bird thing."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Some time later, the bird will locate a lone island, covered with a ring of perfect beach and a wealth of tropical plants. A stranded cast-a-way walks up carrying a small white round object with a bloody face drawn onto it. He runs up to the bird and they converse is a strange language.

The bird explains, "There is some kind of psychic collective that can breach shadow. It wants to get to Amber but does not seem to know the way. It... is not something Dworkin seems to have made. It's goals are unknown."

It is the bloody face that responds. "I have not encountered such. I will be careful. Send another missive tomorrow regardless."

With that (and a few additional minor conversation bits)... Well, there is time to interrupt, follow the bird back or the castaway into the jungle.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

As the raven has not yet determined the proper way to interview the bloody face, the current plan is to covertly stalk it until a interviewing method can be determined. However, such maneuvers require a disguise, so the Raven shape-shifts into a tree-squid* to improve his stealth in the jungle environment. (Camouflage!)

* - The second choice was stealth walrus, obviously.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The castaway returns with his not-volleyball to his humble tree-dwelling. Basically, a hovel put together from driftwood and fronds. He is currently BBQing some kind of small animal. The bloody face is placed on a small pedestal so it can observe the proceedings. The castaway seems uninterested in it beyond the transportation. He returns to tending to his daily meal.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

Sliding over to a very nearby tree, Raven-Treesquid is now in the not-volleyball's view. Speaking to the volleyball, Raven comments, "That's certainly an interesting effect. I'd never thought of trying that. What's it like being a beach ball?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The bloody face will respond, "I'm not a... Oh. Who is this? What clan are you?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"Well obviously you're not always a ball..." The Raven then ponders the questions. "I suppose I'm a free agent now. I suppose the real question is why you're here. Doesn't seem to be a particularly desirable job..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Why I'm here?" He will trail off. "You really can't tell? What do you think I am?"