07.06: Underwater Ball

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.06: Underwater Ball

Post by Rasanam »

((Fjolnir's response is in the refreshments table thread.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

A large, wolf-headed seal with giant fangs slides through the nearby water and into one of the entrances... Passing through the opening she drops to the floor and rapidly shifts into a tall, salty looking pirate. Wearing fairly good clothing, saber by her side, and eyepatch flipped up. He scans the room and immediately spots a semi-kindred spirit in Krajk... Walking up to the wereshark and asking "How'd they force you to be here?"

(Continued in Cold blood)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

A ninja (seriuosly, black clad outfit, silk clothing, bamboo water-breather) obviously* sneaks into one of the side entrances. While some of the guards roll their eyes none seem to want to deal with the ridiculous interloper**. Once inside, he ducks behind the refreshment table, and tears off his clothing revealing Rogbar in a full fop outfit with saber***, using a 'clever' way into Rebma avoiding his banishment.

Continued in Refreshment Table.
Benabik
Sane. VERY Sane.

Post by Benabik »

Benabik spends a bit walking through the crowd, making small talk with a number of the locals. Since this is his first social appearance since returning, he's making an effort to at least say hello to all the notables. He seems to stop longer and chat with those magically inclined.

After disengaging from one conversation, he spots Sareshia surrounded by a small number of men. He walks over and clears his throat. "Pardon me, gentlemen, I require the ear of the lady here for a moment." With barely any pause for reply, he leads Sareshia off to a quieter corner of the room.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

In time a rather harried looking Harrune bustles in. He has taken time to change clothes since the meeting, but clearly was rather rushed about as nothing is sitting quite right. He is wearing a light blue coat accented with silver knotwork patterns, loose fitting pale green silk pants and soft black shoes. He is also wearing the rapier and the tree medallion he wore the night before (if anyone cares the description is here. He is accompanied by, and having a rather heated discussion with, his brother-in-law Cheknou (who is dressed in a guard's uniform). Several members of his family arrived earlier and are scattered about the ball.

"Cheknou, I'm not saying that its a bad idea. I'm just saying that there are more pressing issues I need to address before I seriously consider it. There are things that have been let slide too long and we need to start setting things to rights. As I told Alaror, I can take care of myself. At least for now I can do without..." Harrune's voice trails off as his surroundings finally seep into his consciousness. He stops in his tracks and stares.

"But brother, it's a question of presenting an image in keeping with your status. You need..." Cheknou trails off as he notices that Harrune is distracted. He finally looks around himself, and his jaw drops open. "That's magnificent!"

"Indeed. I believe Asai has been busy." Harrune sighs. "Can we table this discussion until we get home? You almost never show up for these affairs. Go! Eat! Dance! Enjoy yourself. Oh, and if you see Dworkin before I do, please let him know I have a question to ask of him."

Cheknou opens his mouth to object, but then changes his mind. "You're right. But we will discuss this again later. Enjoy yourself...if they will allow it."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The doors open a few minutes after Harrune, a massive ogre in a bright gold outfit, ornately and intricately tailored with small pearls and gemstones, with collars and cuffs of fine silver trim and a rich cloak of lavender and ermine fur on his left shoulder. He strides in confidently, letting the bear in much more modest dress behind him trail in quietly. "I, Grind, Bonebreaker of-" he starts to announce, when, lightning fast, he cuts himself off. Those with high enough warfare will have seen Aibne punch him in the small of his back, and he turns, glowering at the bear, before stalking off to find the lady Morgana. "Oh, I do hope she's going to be here, maybe I should have asked..." the bear murmurs to himself, frowning, before starting to head off, standing by the musicians, listening intently.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Harrune mingles inconsequentially, as Cheknou has a real conversation.

Grind descends to the dance-floor. Aibne stays on the upper level making his way to the musicians where he is intercepted.

Rasanam, Lyra and Kizak leave the room with a nymph.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Shortly after Cheknou parts ways with Harrune, he (that is, Cheknou) is approached by Corystes.*

_____
* I'm running Corystes at the GM's request; she is not in any way affiliated with Alystrakos.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alystrakos arrives, stopping dead just before the exit from the air-breather's path. Her expression fades from consternation to mere annoyance as she Looks over the ballroom, and she waves away the servant's offer of a talisman to shift Asai's illusion to a surface scene.

For tonight, she's wearing a seemingly-diaphanous gown, a multitude of thin layers of red and purple silk giving the impression of transparency and shifting liquid without actually revealing more than a faint outline of the form beneath. Matching earrings take the form of gold and ruby-eyed sea monsters, while a medallion around her neck bears the same dragon emblem depicted on her trump card. Her belt and clawed opera gloves are patterned with golden scales, though those with a bit of knowledge of metallurgy will recognize the gloves as made of elven steel rather than true gold - they may be decorative, but they are also functional as both weapons* and armor.

She doesn't actually enter the room until she sees the oncoming (metaphorical) train wreck of Grind on the dance floor, at which point she sets out with purposeful strides towards Aibne...

_____
* The claws are actually slightly blunted with a thin bead of a more malleable alloy; they won't cut on casual contact, but any blow with real force behind it will strip away the protective layer.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron arrives slightly later than most. He's dressed in what could best be described as "formal leathers", colored for an oceanic theme. A deep blue tunic, topped in rich brown leathers accented in silver and kelp green, trousers of a straight-legged style in the same brown, stitched in green, and low, flat boots. He carries his satchel over one shoulder, hammer at his hip and his pendant of guild office about his neck.

Accompanying him is a figure in a long black robe, walking with a slightly rolling gait. His hood is up and face covered in arabesque style, leaving only his eyes exposed. One of Cameron's hands is resting on his shoulder, and those of even moderate psyche will see him start and twitch as he feels others noticing him.

Upon entry, holding up a hand to stop the traditional announcement of his and companion's arrival, he turns to the steward, offering him a parcel, a large box that looks to be formed of thin sheets of black onyx, seams clasp and hinges in silver.

"A gift of thanks for the patron of this event, I am pleased to have been extended invitation."