LARP Growth and Simcon

Discussion about the game: rules, character descriptions, questions, etc
Joshua
Gibbering

LARP Growth and Simcon

Post by Joshua »

Well, we're starting to get a bit larger as a game, and some of the stuff that we tied together with bailing wire is starting to show.

To this end, you may notice we're going to be formalizing some of our staff and such. We've noticed that recently Brian and I have been pulled every which way during game, so, hopefully we can get more people to run scenes.

Also, we're going to be formalizing how we keep track of XP, as that's gotten a bit wonkey lately.

I have finals next week, and after that, a few weeks to write and spend time on some planning. So, my question is: What would you like to see me spend time working on? Do you want more information about the surrounding cities? More Backstory? More food related plots?

Any brainstorming is appreciated... If you want to vent about us splitting our attention you may, but we already know that. ^_^
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: LARP Growth

Post by Joshua »

That also reminds me... I need help stating about 30 pregens for Simcon. We're thinking of running at it, and the pregens will include most of the warriors and scholars from the surrounding area (the ones described in the surrounding areas that don't yet have full stats).

Who likes statting such things?
jaf
Mostly Sane

Re: LARP Growth

Post by jaf »

i can do it.... just let me know what is the concept and the xp to play with.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: LARP Growth and Simcon

Post by Joshua »

Initial concepts can be found on the Area Kindred pages, if you are interested in any specific ones, let me know, I'll send you the more in depth notes on them. Warning: such notes may contain spoilers.

For SimCon
From Buffalo:
Friend: XP: we're looking at 500-600.
Nay: XP: 200 - 300
Peter: XP: 300 - 500
Orsen: XP: 200 - 300
Crane: xp: 300 - 400 (depending on defensive cheese)
Joey: XP: 35 or less (He's 9 years old and 8 years dead.)
Jill: XP: 50-ish.

From Syracuse:
Nang Yai: XP: 300 - 500 (Possibly on the low side)
Bixbite: xp: 200 - 300
Lisianthus: XP: 100 - 300
Bohnen: xp: 200 - 400
Mehsis: xp: 100 - 200
Lazarus: xp: 200 - 300 (+?)
Alice and Charles Carroll: xp 100 - 300 (should be designed as a pair)
Tiny: Xp: ??? (Tiny is a gargoyle, not a vampire)
Any other Invictus, Crone or others who you feel like making.

From Ithaca:
Gaius: XP: 300 - 400
Brooks: XP: 100 - 200 (Made as)
Vogel: XP: 100 - 200 (a pair)
Rook: XP: 100 or less.
Bigby: 500 - 700
Sid: xp: 100 - 300
Count Zahl: 200 - 300 (+?)

Useful in General:
From Buffalo:
Wyatt: XP: Surprise me. (Seriously, I'd rather see him stated with way too little xp and still be able to keep his power, or way too much and still have the.. humanness that creeps all the other elders out.)
Shepard: XP: More than you.

From Syracuse:
Lumiere: Xp: More than you.

From Ithaca:
Aloysius: XP: More than you.
Mr. Cooper: XP: 50-ish
Jon
Mostly Sane

Post by Jon »

I'm often bored and have lots of free time. If there was a short list of combat characters i could probably stat them.
jaf
Mostly Sane

Post by jaf »

Well i finished buffalo if you want you can go with Syracuse. If you need the status page i could send it to you.
Jon
Mostly Sane

Post by Jon »

that will work. also there appear to be a couple of characters from Ithaca that I wouldn't mind stating assuming they aren't finished. The idea of a viking turned gamer hurts my head and yet intrigues me at the same time.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Okay, would anyone like everyone's clan and such then? Joel, I'm pming you the stuff for Buffalo... Jon, I'll send you the stuff for Bigby, and a few of the Syracuse people.
jaf
Mostly Sane

Post by jaf »

Jon, send me your email so i can send you the stats page.
Frank G.
Needs a Guide

Post by Frank G. »

XP could and should just use a simple Excel spread sheet.

I would suggest either moving to a electronic write up system or maybe just starting a document for each character with Outline style notes so you can better keep track of each individual. Plus when you get an idea for that character you can use italics for notes, just a suggestion.

Plot wise AWC's suggestion of not having humanity being a score a player gets to keep track of after creation is a good idea. Some humanity specific plot or a Humanities judge might be a good stopgap to the slide the entire game seems to be on. An example of humanity driven plot could be as simple as adding little touches to the story teller write up. Here are some examples that might work for my character...

Based on Character Age:
-As you're trolling around online you get an email for one of your old accounts that you barely check anymore: "Stan if you're out there somewhere and reading this, this is your mother. I miss you dearly and haven't given up hope on finding you yet, I pray for you every night and maybe just maybe this will be the year you come home for Christmas. Your father is in bad shape and we are all hoping he at least sees the new year. I know it would do him a world of good to know if his son is alive. Wherever you are, no matter what you've done know that your family misses and loves you."

Based on Character Virtue and the fact that he is training a new vamp:
-As you go about the business of helping get your "sibling" learn the basics of being a kindred (stalking, knowing the rules, knowing who to feed from and who to avoid, setting up a haven) you run across allot of posters for a missing child. For some reason every time you see that poster you get a little shiver, this goes on for a week or so then while practicing stalking down a dark alley way you hear a child's voice whispering help me..."

Another way to go about it is to have pre-planned plot centered on feeding. I'd recommend a mandatory write up on everyone's feeding habits and do pre- programmed events based on draws that can either be an opportunity to gain a measure or lose a measure of humanity based on the reaction of the character.

Morality can be just as important and interesting plot as Character on Character Politics, or dealing with outside threat plot.