07.08e: Intrigue Arcane

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.08e: Intrigue Arcane

Post by Joshua »

Tim will shrug. The minstrel thinking a moment. "Wyllt seems fine to me. I think the problem is he wants to run a large guild and he only has a small one here. Not enough volunteers, and too much to do. Wizards are not normally required for trade, and that's what is throwing him off."
Veyska
Lunatic

Re: 07.08e: Intrigue Arcane

Post by Veyska »

"I think in the short term sponsoring a handful of candidates for training might not be a bad notion. Perhaps with an eye towards those who would be interested in teaching once they themselves have been taught? I need to go dig through the older archives back in the university in my home shadow, see exactly how it was built up and with any luck figure out what pitfalls to avoid before we find them the hard way. By the time I was around it had reached a self-sustaining momentum and size; a useful goal but not terribly instructive on its own. As for Wyllt..." Asai wrinkles her muzzle in a grin. "I reserve final judgement until I've had a chance to see how he reacts in other situations, but I think he may be more useful as a manager of trained spellcasters than of teaching inexperienced ones. I expect you've looked more into relevant matters than I have, given the caveat of limited manpower and inefficient training methods is the mage's guild reasonably well run from a 'business' perspective?"