07.08d: Pattern vs The Shapeshifting Demon of Chaos

The goings on of courts
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.08d: Pattern vs The Shapeshifting Demon of Chaos

Post by Sadie »

Sadie's tail wags upon seeing Renny and she smiles: "Oh most definitely. Normally I enjoy going for walks, in this case not so much." To Odin: "I forget some of us have such abilities. If such occurred everyone's opinion is clearly understandable. Though not sure how to handle such a thing... It's entirely dependent on trusting the telepath or telepaths words."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"True." Odin will shrug and nod. "I am curious how this pattern stacks up to what I'm familiar with. I was hoping to see it in action during my trip here."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie: "I just walked the pattern myself, so my ability to demonstrate would be very limited at best. That said (in joke power voice) THE POWERS THAT BE might not appreciate it too much." *shrugs* "Who knows."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin turns, dropping into a defensive stance and draws his sword... This leads to a long moment of tension before he puts it away. "Mi'Lady, if someone called out the serpent in such a manner so close to its home, it would have torn you asunder... Please be careful."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie raises an eyebrow. "So this serpent of yours is incapable of recognizing a joke or appreciating one? This is good to know. I'm glad Dworken is not this serpent of yours."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten chuckles dryly at Odin's comment about trusting the source of the information. "That's always the key isn't it. Information is all hearsay when the source is not yourself."

After Odin's reaction to Sadie's joke, Solten quirks an eyebrow as well, suppressing a small inner shudder. "I suppose, in this place, a joke like that could have rather unexpected consequences." He gives Sadie a sidelong glance. "But when have we let that stop us?"
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"There's a difference between a joke and blaspheming in a place of power. I suppose this pattern is less vindictive." Odin doesn't relax, but lets the matter drop.
Jocas
Mostly Sane

Post by Jocas »

Jocas arrives, tinkering with what appears to be a mechanical songbird - tucking parts away into pouches, or retrieving other parts from same, occasionally putting the entire affair away to whittle a new gear out of a blank metal disc.

He nods politely to Rolph, Richard, and Will, greeting the three guards by name, before ambling over to the other amberites.
"Good to see you again, Renny!"* Jocas claps Ranait on the back in a friendly greeting, still holding the metal bird in his left hand. "Seems we have some new faces around here. Mind introducing me to your friends?"

_____
* According to the timeline, Renny was one of the first group of people to be brought in to walk the pattern; Jocas would also have been in that group... but hasn't been back to Amber since then. Until now, anyway.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"Jocas!" Renny says, clearly delighted. She hops up and gives him a hug. "How have you been? How's Vikky?"

OOC: Having read Jocas's description, I'm pretty sure Renny would have have liked him and visited him out in shadow at least once since that Patternwalk.

"This is Sadie, ruler of Rebma; Solten of Amber; and Odin, a visiting dignitary."

That's everyone in this scene so far, yes?
Jocas
Mostly Sane

Post by Jocas »

"Good, good." Jocas returns Renny's embrace with enough force to knock the breath out of her*, before turning to offer a hand to anyone who seems even the least bit inclined to shake hands.**

"I've finished a few major projects since you visited; I'll have to show you later. And Vikky is out taking tea with Quin and Darmascus." Jocas pauses a moment before realizing that does deserve a bit more explanation. "Did you know Alinara*** had a son? Though Quin seems to distrust him for some reason..."

_____
* I would have used the phrase "bone-crushing force", save that, well, with Amberites that could be taken literally, rather than being guaranteed hyperbole. Still, he's at least mid-ranked on strength, which is (judging by character sheets), more than Renny cares to display, so I figure the description I gave should be reasonable.
** If absolutely nobody seems at all inclined to shake hands, assume this implied offer is aimed at Solten.
*** Alinara has been declared to have been yet another person who walked the pattern in that original group with Jocas and Renny and etc. She's a goblin, and a warrior, and also hasn't been seen since. Apparently she commissioned a shield from Jocas before departing - it was to be enchanted (which Jocas found vaguely insulting), but the material requirements to anchor that enchantment required enough skill to craft that he made the thing anyway. Said shield is now in Darmascus' possession. Little else has been determined about who she was; if you need more information, contact Darmascus' player.
Last edited by Jocas on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.