07.08c: The Loneliest Breakfast

The goings on of courts
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 08.08c: The Loneliest Breakfast

Post by coldcandor »

Around this time, Solten appears at the entrance of the hall. He is wearing more "civilized" clothing than the first night, but far less dressy then the previous night's suit. I would equate it to something slightly less formal than "Business Casual". He has a more practical-looking long dagger belted to his hip. He looks relaxed and refreshed. He heads to the table, with (more or less) the mannerisms he had at the first festival dinner, most important of which his crooked grin, only with a bit more confidence and less discomfort with being inside. This last, however, is countered a bit by the feeling that the room is smaller than it was.

Unsure exactly what kind of greetings are appropriate for a meeting like this with people he already knows, he simply walks to Alys and Dworkin and greets them in turn by name with a small nod.

(OOC: In lieu of actually coming up with clothing choices, since I care about as much about clothing as a cat cares about listening to instructions, I'll try to do something like the above and describe it in terms of dress level + any important items like visible weaponry.)
Solten
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.08c: The Loneliest Breakfast

Post by Wyvern »

"So far, so good." Alys pauses at her seat, waiting for Dworkin to sit down.

"Good morning, Solten." She also nods politely in response to Solten's greeting.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny walks in, wearing a simple green dress, looking refreshed. She's unarmed. "Good morning."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana and Quin will arrive shortly, along with Darnell. They're mingling. Looks like side conversation threads may need to open up. Feel free to start those so that this thread can be kept clean.

Dworkin nods to the group, and gestures to the brunch buffet (with waffle station, more impressive when you realize Amber doesn't have electricity). He will hesitate... then sit in the center throne of the omnipresent set of three thrones that have been set up. He shakes his head then sits up strait. The soft tone in his voice is gone when he speaks. "Before we begin, is there any new business?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys will return greetings as appropriate, acquire brunch (waffles!), and - unless shanghaied into a side conversation - will return to her seat.

To Dworkin's question, she simply shakes her head.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie enters the room set aside for the brunch/breakfast meeting at castle Amber. She enters wearing a regal dress fashioned in various shades of blues and blue/greens. Upon her head rests a crown of exquisite make and in one hand is an ornamental yet functional trident designed to function in a ceremony. At her side but slightly to the back is Priscilla wearing a suit and skirt of dark and light blues, her hair is tied back and in one hand is a briefcase.

Sadie: “Actually I have some, new business that is.” In Response to Dworkin. “If you would all give me a moment of your time. I have a matter I'd like to attend to while so many of us are present.” Taking a place in front of the room where she can easily gain the focus and attention of all assembled. Priscilla takes up a seat nearby, places the suitcase upon her lap quietly and patiently waits.

Sadie Begins: “All societies face, in the course of their growth, trials that test endurance and strength. These trials, timeless and innumerable, force societies to change as a reaction. We, ourselves, can now see the coming of the next storm, the next trial, and it is time that we change first. As a single branch can wound but is easily broken, so does a union stand firm while striking with a greater force, and it is in this direction that our societies must go. Easy as it may be to let the current reign of chaos and seemingly cohesive anarchy continue, this practice must come to an end, for the sake of not just the people of one land, but the benefit of all peoples. It is the role of a leader, regardless of provenance, to ensure for their peoples their security, prosperity, and liberties, acting as parent, banner, and shield. By giving people an identity they gain strength, from liberty they gain something to defend, and through prosperity they gain happiness; these ideals are intrinsic to the very longevity of a society, the very heart that beats in the breast of every man and woman. It is here where a leader must recognize the will of their people, to nurture it and let it be the foundation of their rule.
The call of a leader is to usher in these changes to their society, to shepherd their people to something greater than any single person, village, or town can do individually. It is with this in mind that I declare the lands of Rebma as sovereign territory, with all her peoples, even her crown, beholden to the laws set forth by the Rebma Constitution. I do this to preserve the freedoms of my people from those that would wish to command them for their own selfish gains. I further charge each and every member of this court to take this example not as one of rebellion, but as one of formation, a creation of a new union that binds all of our kingdoms. Our kingdoms are strong now, but by securing the rights of our people, and joining together in more than just handshakes and promises, our kingdoms can weather any storm. I hereby present to you my first, and hopefully last, unilateral decree as monarch of Rebma, the formation of the Sovereign Kingdom of Rebma and the passage of the first Constitution of Rebma.”

Priscilla begins passing out a few copies of a document to all in attendance. It includes the above in written form as a Preamble in addition to the following below.*
Constitution of the Sovereign Kingdom of Rebma (abridged)
By Royal Decree of the Queen of Rebma:

Let it be known to all who reside and travel the lands of Rebma that I, Sadie, Queen of Rebma:
Do hereby pass into law this covenant between Myself and the people of Rebma.
Do hereby willingly abdicate those powers of My Right as provided by this covenant.

Let it be known that the following is the Law for all that exists within the Kingdom of Rebma:

That none but the reigning monarch of Rebma, hereafter known as the Crown, or Regency of the Crown, may approve and sign the passage of any law which may govern either the lands or peoples within the lands of Rebma, hereafter
known as Rebma. Only those laws which the Crown has signed into passage may govern Rebma.

All laws, as passed and and exercised by the Crown, may only be disputed by a citizen of Rebma, hereafter known as citizen. A law may only be disputed in an approved, procedural manner as deemed fit by the Crown.

All citizens are beholden to the laws of any land in which they travel, domestic and foreign, and will uphold those laws as service to the Crown.

Only citizens may challenge the laws of Rebma, as both written and enforced, through defined process or through peaceful demonstration when permitted. Permit for peaceful demonstration shall be issued upon application. Furthermore, all other forms of challenge, protest, or dispute between individuals, conglomerated entities, and entities of the Crown are hereby deemed as illegal.

All citizens are henceforth charged with the defense of the Crown and the integrity of the Constitution.
After Priscilla gives everyone their papers Sadie once again begins to speak as Priscilla again takes her seat. There is a card in Priscilla's hand being twirled subtly in her fingers as Sadie speaks. “Are there any here who recognize and accept our claim of Sovereignty?” The card being twirled is a tarot card, on one side is a hanged man, and the other simply the letter “P”

* There was more to the document but it was lost due to various things and incidences, what you have is the beginning of the constitution the real document will have more, and no we have no intention of writing out a true real constitution as such a thing would take months.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Ironically, getting the name wrong or changing the name of the kingdom would incite Dworkin's wrath. I assume that was an OOC mistake, and corrected it.)

Dworkin looks stoic for a moment. "Yes, yes." Then gestures for you to sit. He will start to say something then change his mind. "While what just happened may seem important, it is less pressing than matters of Pattern. A fact I have not been clear on. If any wish to make proper alliances with the new monarch, please take a few minutes. And then we must discuss not matters of state, but of existence itself."

Morgana and Darnell would take a moment to do so. (Possibly after Renny or someone else.)
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

OOC: Thanks Dworkin for accepting things so quickly and without a fight, while you may have done it rudely you "may" have prevented the owing of favors :-P
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"I accept your claim of Sovereignty and wish you well," Renny says. She says it calmly and seriously, but there is repressed delight and mirth twinkling in her eye.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin rolls his eyes, "Now that that's shelved for later... And yes, there will be a later... I would like to address the situation of reality. You're all Amberites and all of the Pattern and that is not going to change. It is well beyond any pretend borders you wish to draw."

"I promised answers. Ask."