07.08c: The Loneliest Breakfast

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.08c: The Loneliest Breakfast

Post by Joshua »

Oberon offers, "Sadie is a bit new to the feudal system of laws and justice. It was quite a change for me when I first got here. Mi'lady, I ask that you not make the same mistake I did... Understand how the system works before fighting it."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

In the background, Quin is arranging for the unconscious dragon to be given sanctuary with Morgana

-------

Dworkin will sigh and look around as the sun returns.

"Regardless..." Dworkin closes the Rebma topic, for now...

"Some of you have heard rumors that I took something from our rival courts. It is to be called the Jewel of Judgement within this group, and nothing outside of it. It is the item that used to judge if someone was worthy of the Logrus or not. It is the instrument I used to draw Pattern. It is kept safe and no, it cannot be destroyed."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Two questions if I may. First, if it was used to create the Pattern is it safe to assume that it could also be used as a means to unmake the Pattern? I trust that you are keeping it safer than I could hope to, however I would just like to know what possible risks exist."

"Second, if the Courts of Chaos no longer have the Jewel, does that mean that no one new can access the power of Logrus? ...or does the absence of the Jewel just make it more dangerous to make the attempt?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"To the first, probably... It is not an easy item to use. Nor learn how to use, and if they were to sit near the pattern and experiment, we'd stop them." Dworkin shrugs. "I know where it is at all times."

"To the second, Odin states it has been impossible. I suspect there is another way to gain Logrus and expect them to find it at some point. And all previous users lost it... The angel clan had it removed."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny has been listening intently. After the appearance and quick taming of the dragon, she moves over to Sadie's side. Quietly she says "I'm with you 100% on respecting the rights of the people instead of setting ourselves up as gods over them. But that's not a fight to be won in a day. I think right now we need to focus on figuring out what we need to do to protect those people."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Hm... That would seem to make theft of the Jewel an impractical endeavor - even assuming someone could find it, if they took it outside Amber they'd run the risk of you simply erasing their shadow and retrieving the Jewel from the wreckage." Alys turns to look at Renny and Sadie as she continues, "Not that I would advocate such an action as a first recourse in such an event. But when dealing with an artifact capable of rewriting all shadows..." she shrugs, "Sometimes, what you're left with are bad choices and worse choices."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I assume they'd keep me busy... It does make a single operative unlikely to succeed. And destroying a shadow does take time." Dworkin offers. "Not that I couldn't do that, but an agile shapeshifter might keep ahead of the destruction."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods. "And 'might work' simply isn't acceptable for an emergency backup plan - and that shouldn't be more than that. So, unless our hypothetical thief is obliging enough to stop running... We'll need a better plan." She puts a trump card down in front of her, "To some extent, it seems these would be the best possible choke point... at least until someone finds a different way to quickly depart Amber. Is there any way to monitor, block, delay, or redirect attempts to trump out of Amber?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin smiles, "maybe... if you understood how they work. Also, they only get you so far. But yes, they can be monitored."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"As long as they will alow travel far enough for other forms of travel to work, Lady Alys' concern is valid. Once an enemy reaches that point I would assume that it would become a race to see if we could catch that enemy before they could travel to where we could not follow. If we could know when an enemy left by means of Trump and their destination that would be a great advantage. How many people do we have who possess the knowledge to monitor the usage of Trump? And how quickly can we train more?"

"Having asked those questions, I believer we have gone far enough down that particular road for the moment. An adversary locating the Jewel, defeating Dworkin's defenses and fleeing is unlike to come to pass within the next hour or so. It most certainly merits further consideration and planning, but are there more pressing issues we need to consider at the moment?"