07.08a: Draconic Affairs

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.08a: Draconic Affairs

Post by Wyvern »

"All of ours? No. Some? Absolutely. Though I'd expect a proper mage guild would be interested in more than just a single style anyway; at least for topics I'm more familiar with, such variety is vital if you want to progress beyond mere basic competence. If they aren't interested... then we might need at least one alternative organization anyway. Perhaps I should bring Asai along; she seems the sort to value breadth of knowledge as well as depth."

"As for the courts... I don't think we have an answer to that yet; personally, I'd prefer more integrated over less - and, judging from how Sadie and Solten were behaving last night, I may have some support in that. For the city - at least for now, it serves all four courts; while the dwarves are hard at work expanding the caverns here, only Rebma currently has the space to avoid that - and, from what I've heard, nearly half of them live in Amber's docks district anyway."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Very well." Tim nods. "That makes more sense."

Unfortuantely, your trip to the mage's guild will be interrupted by Dworkin's invitation to brunch. A runner with a hand written invite (where does Dworkin get so many of these so fast?) will offer it to Alys.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys reads the note, and shakes her head with a rueful grin. "This seems to be the morning for unexpected detours; apparently I'm needed at the castle. Hopefully it won't take too long, but if you'd be kind enough to go on ahead and let my local guide know that I'll be late? I'm sure* Nathaniel wouldn't mind showing you around a bit, until I can catch up."

Conversation likely continues a bit, including directions for how to find Nathaniel, but likely nothing further of substance until their ways part and Alys continues to Dworkin's Brunch Meeting.

_____
* Alys' tone implies that that had better be Nathaniel's (public) reaction - though what he chooses to think within the privacy of his own skull, may be another matter entirely.