07.07i: Empty Faith

The goings on of courts
User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby Joshua » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:06 pm

The church itself is empty. It's a medium sized church, like one might expect in a frontier town. And it is empty. There are no pews, no seating, and the hardwood floors are bare except for a small alter that sits underneath a seven foot across seven-pointed star. The stained glass windows are in a Mondrian inspired abstract pattern (although these have a circle in the middle).

Osmund and the shadowy hellhound nod as Renny arrives. "Sorry, I just thought you should see this." He gestures at the alter where a small recessed nook holds a 1930's style telephone. "Be careful, it's a bit of a psychic trap. Not very strong though. Wouldn't want to see it on the home shadow..."

User avatar
colomon
Missing Some Marbles
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby colomon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 pm

"How did you end up here?" Renny asks Osmund.

She's looking around herself. Does it look like this place has always been this way, or was it more conventional (pews, etc) at one point and then modified recently?

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby Joshua » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:16 am

"I asked around and Tinder here had been following Lane a little. Apparently, Alys was suspicious of this place earlier. I staked it out, and when Lane exited, I broke in." Osmund explains...

"I think it was built this way. There's no indication of any furniture being bolted to the floor and removed. I guess they could have had folding chairs, but there's no storage areas for them. That's how I found the phone... I figured you'd want to see."

User avatar
colomon
Missing Some Marbles
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby colomon » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Renny takes a few deep breaths, as if ordering her thoughts. "Okay, most urgent question first: Is this setup somehow currently powering Lane? He seemed charged or possessed or something in the bit of the fight I saw, and if we could depower him by doing something here, that would be good."

OOC: Note to self: other questions to ask: Are all Lane's churches like this? Is he a pawn or a player?

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby Joshua » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm

"Not that I'm aware of... I think the phone links to whatever... If Lane is tapping into anything, I suspect it connects to the same place as the phone." He sighs, "I can check a little deeper... if you want... But... I'll have to touch it."

User avatar
colomon
Missing Some Marbles
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby colomon » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:17 pm

"No. If he's not immediately drawing power from here, then we can't help that way, and we have to look at the big picture." Renny ponders a moment.

OOC: If it's okay, I'm going to go a little into fast-forward here, because I think there are bigger things that need doing. If I overstretch, stop me and I'll erase some of this post.

Renny tells Osmund, "Hold the fort here for a second." She leaves the church and grabs the nearest person that can be used as a message boy, bringing him (her?) back inside so Osmund can hear what she's saying and add suggestions.

"Go to police headquarters. Tell them to lock down all of Father-Confessor Lane's churches. (Was there a proper name for the church? If so, she would use that.) No one enters or exits until further notice. They should be polite but firm. Have them send DCI Carlisle and whomever she wants as assistants here. Then head to the castle, ask for the cadets I brought there earlier today, and lead them back here ready for action. Get it all done quickly and I'll give you (two month's pay)."

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby Joshua » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:41 pm

The random guard you grab can do that. Being late at night, there's not a lot of other people on the street who you'd want to offer that to.

Seems like that'll work out well. DCI Carlisle will show up first... unless you trump a pc.

User avatar
colomon
Missing Some Marbles
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby colomon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:34 am

How long does she take to arrive? Unless she's really fast Renny will probably get antsy and trump a PC first.

Edited to add: Actually trump an NPC is more likely, I think.

User avatar
colomon
Missing Some Marbles
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby colomon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Renny trumps Quin.

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Postby Joshua » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm thinking about an hour. Quin... Yeah, can get a hold of you. He should be done with the trump to Dworkin by now.

"Hey, how goes the investigation? Sadie and Alys got back a few minutes ago. I just finished letting Dworkin know."


Return to “In Character”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests