07.07i: Empty Faith

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Post by Joshua »

"Then return when you wish to negotiate." The line does not go dead... it's basically still got background static on it, but the presence leaves and no longer responds.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny hangs up the phone, a puzzled look on her face. She relates the other end of the conversation to Osmund. "It sounded a like bunch of people all saying the same thing at the same time. Could they just be assuming that everyone here is psychically linked too?"

PS Apologies for delays, it's been a crazy week here, which computers failing left and right and a whirlwind day trip to get my accounting done in the middle of it all.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I would think he does not think that way. I mean, Lane observed differently while he was here. Perhaps he expected a unified response. Like when you poke an ant-hill?" Osmund asks, letting the shadow tendrils fade after you put down the phone. "Something to bring to the others."
(OOC: Osmund is looking a lot more exhausted than before, but is doing a decent job not letting it show. That kind of someone who's been up too long has, but refused to actually collapse, shows.)
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"Yeah. Guess we should get some sleep. It's been a long day, and it seems like it could be another long day tomorrow."

Renny looks around at everyone who is still left here. "Can someone see that the guards outside the churches have proper watches set up so they're not trying to stay up the whole night themselves? I'm going to sleep here; the rest of you should feel free to go home and get a good night's sleep."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Everyone bows out and makes arrangement. It is suggested that you leave the phone hung up. There are plenty of people who can rotate shifts, so it's not a problem.

There's a short scene in the morning, I'd just continue it here before making a new thread.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Tinder wanders off once it's clear that other people are standing guard, but returns a bit after dawn, looking for Renny. He sniffs her cautiously, and then shoves his head at your hand in a friendly fashion; this is accompanied by a sense of impending mental contact, similar to a trump call - except that it's quite clearly coming from the dog.

If you allow that, there are some things worth noting: One, this is, in fact, a dog; very old, very canny, possessed of abilities beyond those of ordinary canines... but probably not actually sentient (though solidly in that category of very smart animals where it's hard to tell for sure). Second, he's got a very good memory, and you'll "hear" (for lack of a better term) Alys' voice: "Good morning, Renny; I believe I mentioned that I had a job in mind for your Cadets; with your permission, I'd like them to look into..." And the remembered scene shifts to the docks, where a man is being interrogated as to why he just tried to commit murder. Alys speaks up again, "Oh, and at some point I'd like to talk to Osmund - preferably somewhere like, say, out in the forest; I have a couple of questions to ask about Odin, and, given his reactions on various related topics at dinner the other night... well, I'd rather there not be anyone around who might get hurt if he goes berserk. No rush on that, though; I have several other things to attend to today..."

If, for some reason, you don't allow that contact, Tinder will keep trying for a bit... and then go find some hapless guard, who will shortly be saying something along the lines of "Uh, Milady, the dog says he has a message for you..."
Last edited by Wyvern on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny accepts the message from Tinder, ponders a moment, then tells him, "Tell Alys I will send the Cadets down to the docks later this morning and will let Osmund know she would like to talk to him next time I see him."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Tinder bobs his head politely, makes an odd sort of "Aaurwrau" noise, and trots off again.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund crashed with the cadet lodging. But before you get a chance to get him, a runner will arrive at the church, bearing an invitation to the brunch that Dworkin has, intending to disclose what's happening. Will also include a pre-trial of the demon that was apprehended.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Okay, Renny makes sure guarding the churches is taken care of for the day, then tries to arrange for DCI Carlisle to get the Cadets down to the docks to look into Alys's case. Then Renny will head for Dworkin's brunch.