07.07i: Empty Faith

The goings on of courts
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Post by colomon »

"Are they both okay? What happened to Lane? Did they recover the trump?"

"As for the 'investigation', we've not attempted any of the delicate stuff yet -- experts are on the way -- but this place definitely seems Wrong. I've asked the police to lock down all these churches until we can figure out if this is a general thing or just this particular church."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"They got the trump back, I think Lane died... or exploded... or something... I'll give it back once we're done here. I'll help get those shut down... there's a lot of them, I think it's just the heptagram ones though... We've got some word that there wont' be an attack for a bit, so we'll have time to recover."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"Attack? I was just doing this as a precaution, do you guys know more about what is going on?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

From Quin: "Not really, Dworkin said we're okay for tonight, and he'll fill everyone in tomorrow morning. Locking the churches down is probably a good precaution though. Although, it might tip our hand if there's no immediate threat. Definately lock Lane's specific church down though."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"All right, let me know if there are any further developments."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: I'm not sure if there's much more to do here... the phone-line leads under the church and just kind of vanishes, although Osmund offers to try to trace it if you want... the only really notable things in the church are the fact the phone is the only item of note in it. this pattern holds true for all fo these particular churches. (only the churches with the seven pointed stars are like this.) And it's a choice of: Do you talk on the phone? and do you shut down just Lane's church, or all the heptagram churches in Amber?)

(PS: DCI Carslile and the Cadets all agree you should have a psychic shield of some kind if you plan on answering the phone.)
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Do all the "heptagram" ones have phones? (It's just occurred to me that Renny may not even know what a phone is. It's certainly not tech she grew up with.) How many heptagram churches are there? How many non-heptagram churches of this religion are there? (Exact numbers not needed, just a general idea.)

Renny's seriously considering trying the phone, but first she'd probably try to round up a couple of Lane's congregation just to ask them what they think is going on in here....
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: ALL of the churches of that religion have heptagrams, ALL of them have a phone hidden in an alter. ALL of them are empty on the inside except for that. there are perhaps 4 of them in the city. Largely in the bad parts. It is the "Church of the City" per the little bit the congregation mentioned.)

There are around 800 churches in the city total, of easily a hundred religions. As it is after midnight, unless you plan on hauling people out of bed (which you are legally allowed to do, and have the means to do) you will have to wait until morning to talk to them.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

We're shutting down all hour heptagram churches for sure. For the other heptagrams, I'm going to ask our troops to surround the outside but not go in. I don't want them to get too carried away (hundreds of troops or something) but I do want them on alert -- maybe a dozen troops outside each.

For this one I want the magic experts inside with me. "So, is the entire altar a psychic trap, or just the phone? Or is it just suspect?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will explain, "It's a connection to whatever psychic entity that Lane was in communication with. As such, it can attempt to initiate psychic contact through the phone. If that happens, I'll knock the phone out of your hand."