07.07i: Heart's Delight (Re)Visited

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.07i: Heart's Delight (Re)Visited

Post by Joshua »

The air has a rich salt tang carried by a breeze coming off the ocean -- not that dissimilar to what one might smell in Amber, but without any of the masking scents of the city. From the top of this sizable hill, they can see miles and miles of rocky coastline setting off a vast dark ocean. A dirigible hangs above you, suspended by a rope to the small stone tower at the peak of hill.

The hill overlooks the entrance to a good-sized natural harbor. Far below and further in are the docks, mostly full of boats on this fine summer night. A beautifully lit town radiates out and up from the docks, perhaps six or seven thousand people's worth of what look to be 19th century houses and buildings. Another dirigible hangs tethered at the far end of the harbor, then the far side of it is heavily forested with just a small fort at the other side of the entrance (ie close to where they are standing now, but on the other side).

Lane drops like a rock to the ground, being dragged by Sadie. The boost for him falters a moment, "It is done..." It then kicks back in, his arm pops back into place even as he's being dragged with such strength. His "free" arm grabs Alys and throws her* off of him, towards the edge of the cliff.

------

*: Velociraptor tossing is likely to be less popular that ogre tossing, what with the disemboweling aspect.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.07i: Heart's Delight (Re)Visited

Post by colomon »

OOC: It is perhaps worth pointing out that Sadie's dog form is a larger version of one of the most common dog breeds here. :)
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

When Sadie feels the arm popping back in and sees him focusing on tossing the formidable Alys, Sadie gives one last shake, and launches for the card with every intent of taking fingers with it taking full advantage of the concentration required to remove Alys from the fight. If possible getting the whole card in her mouth.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

That's not pretty... So, you have dog jaw tightly clamped on someone's forearm. It then slides down Lane's arm (not opening) taking flesh and fingers with it. But, Sadie gets the card in her jaws. Thankfully, it's indestructible.

Lane's intestines are a little less flappy, with the looser rules in shadow, they're being held in by an unseen force, as is his right hand (the one that got shreaded. He is fast, faster than Sadie, not stopping his momentum and going to grab her this time.

On an unrelated note, Alys you feel the presence of an invasive psychic presence in your head as you bounce down the slope. Feels like an abstract pressure trying to reach your thoughts.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sensing him grabbing for her, jumps from the cliff dragging card with her, fingers too if they are persistent, what's left of them anyway. Tries to control her fall to land near Alys.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

...Bounce? What do you think wings are for, extra handles or something? Alys flips around in midair and angles her wings for as rapid a return to the fight as possible. Which means really more of a controlled crash, plowing a furrow into the ground just to get a bit more traction. ...Which, okay, results in one bounce - psychic assault is no joke, and trying to fend that off while also not trying to break (more) limbs in a controlled crash is, ah, not actually a good plan.

(Additional mental actions as noted to the GM - if concentration allows, trying to get a good enough view to verify or rule out psychic attack from Lane, as compared to incoming trump call.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Lane turns around, back to Sadie as you go over the cliff, and vanishes through what looks a bit like a dimension door. He appears behind her and grabs her from behind, bones creaking or cracking. In response, she swallows the (indestructible) card.... (OOC: Seriously, OW!)

Sadie, you're starting to feel the pressure of a psychic contact as well.

The dirigible has started an alarm, mostly because, as was pointed out, one of the combatants here is ON FIRE. (Alys, I'm looking at you.)

Alys, calling up eyes is a decent focus to keep the contact out. It will take a bit longer before you get a good look.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys will angle back in towards the fight, and start damping down on her fire; flammable allies are so inconvenient...

To some extent she's aiming for a better look; to some extent she's aiming for removing Sadie from Lane's grasp (possibly by removing Lane's arms; whatever's convenient, really.) She'll aim for the latter over the former if she thinks she's got a decent chance, though.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie does her best to defend against the mental intrusion, while simultaneously trying to fight the pain of a blender in her stomach and fend off Lane.

OOC: *crosses fingers* Good luck Sadie.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Use the card!" Alys calls out, while swooping in to try and rip Lane away from Sadie. Or at least distract him enough; it's clear that one way or another, the fight isn't going to last much longer.