07.07h: Seating Area 2

The goings on of courts
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Sadie »

While Sadie is getting her medical attention, Priscilla acquires a large ornate dog bowl with Sadie embroidered on the side filled to the brim with delicious meats lathered in a delicious gravy to help it go down. Where and how she got these things so quickly one can only guess. Perhaps the bowl was made ahead of time or... well it doesn't matter really, a starving Sadie doesn't hesitate to gobble it up when offered after the wounds that that might hinder eating have sealed up.

As Sadie eats, Priscilla pets her for a moment, hugs her gently and goes to get a back up refill for when Sadie finishes. As she does she passes by Alys simply to say "Thank you for bringing her back alive." Clearly not really intending to stop for chit chat but also in a tone that clearly shows she really appreciates Alys' part in all this, perhaps it's the being slightly choked up, or the slightly teared up eyes. Plus she's aware Alys has far more important people to talk to at the moment than her.

Sadie ends up eating three helpings before stopping to lick Priscilla's face who's not left her side since bringing the third helping. Afterwards she will go sit near Alys with Priscilla petting her while sitting next to Alys.

Priscilla: "Sadie wants to know if you can contact Solten for her through trump. She wants him to know she's alright and he better be as well. She also wants him to know they have plans tonight and he better not be late."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods in acknowledgement of Priscilla's request, but says nothing, apparently deep in concentration.

After a few more moments, her tail lashes once in annoyance.

And maybe ten seconds after that, she reaches out, grabs... nothing, and pulls Solten into the room through a wash of rainbow colors.

_____
OOC: Since it's never going to end up anywhere else, here's the full transcript of the conversation:

Solten accepts the connection, immediately followed by a yelp and only somewhat muffled "Alys? What the hell?"

Alys shrugs, and 'says', There was a bit of an altercation with a would-be thief. I'm fine, and Sadie should be mostly recovered already--

"But you're...! Nevermind, we'll get to that later. What happend to Sadie this time?!" Solten demands, with a sigh.

She ate the trump card the thief was trying to steal. It proved to be rather displeased with this. Like I said, no serious injuries; mostly just broken bones and the like.
Oh, and she wanted me to let you know that, quote, she's alright and you better be as well. Also something about not being late.

"She ate a... of course the thief didn't like that. Broke her bones? What kind of thief was it?" Solten forces himself to calm back down a bit. Alys' did say Sadie was alright, after all. "And she tells me to not be late. All relayed by some sort of half-dragon creature..." Solten scrubs his hands over his face. "No offense, somehow I know it's you. But even with Kizak's warning, it's a bit of a shock."

Unclear - it used a person as a puppet. Lots of magic, probably not local. I'll probably end up talking to Dworkin about the details. At the last comment, though, Alys perks up a bit, as of a cat who's just noticed a squirrel. ...Warning?

"I think this meeting is breaking up anyway, so you'll be able to speak to him soon." Solten winces a bit, "That came out wrong. He called you a 'hunter' dragon, one that would likely eat him." After a pause, "You probably shouldn't eat him."

I am not familiar with that term. Nor am I in the habit of eating people. Nor, Alys' tail lashes in annoyance, am I familiar with the 'warden' term he used earlier; I had hoped I'd made it clear that his cultural assumptions did not necessarily apply.

"Well... until having a long talk with him, I was of the opinion that all dragons were as he thought of you. We are both the wiser now. You can never assume past experience applies to anything beyond what you experienced. I am, however, starting to think that everyone in Amber will suddenly transform into something else."

Dworkin insisted that shapeshifting is rare, here. While that seems to be true of much of the populace of the city, I have decided that it is not otherwise a safe assumption.

"Yes... he said the same during this meeting. He also apparently knew something happened and that those involved had returned. Tell Sadie to try and keep bones intact. I have a promise to keep!"

If your meeting is done, why not tell her yourself? I can certainly pull you back here.

"You can do what? Why didn't you say so sooner!"

Alys projects the mental equivalent of a facepalm. And then pulls Solten through the trump connection, as originally noted above.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten appears, having been pulled from Dworkin's meeting. He Looks at Alys' with a combination of annoyance, chagrin, and thanks. He quickly turns to find Sadie, saying a quick thanks before running over to her. "You're alright. Of course you're alright. You just can't stay away from a nice bone-breaking adventure, can you?" He gives her a big hug and sits down.
Solten
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

After a few more moments of consideration, Alys goes to talk to Kizak... which, while not exactly a 'boo', probably results in him cowering in a corner anyway - Alys is tired, and annoyed, and out of her element (literally), and as such not putting any effort into, say, making sure to leave him with an escape route, or otherwise acting less threatening than her default demeanor.

"I just had a bit of discussion with Solten. And it occurs to me to mention - these terms you've used; 'warden' and 'hunter' - obviously have some... cultural significance to you. But," her eyes narrow, "I don't come from your world. And, therefore, I don't know what you mean by them. So. Explain yourself."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Kizak gasps, then tries to wheeze out an answer, forgetting the damage to his lungs. "I... We... eating others... for power...." Before his body decides that it can't get more oxygen through his lungs and decides to reduce the need for oxygen by passing out. Which makes it more amusing, since he slumps forward... Thankfully Alys is stronger than she looks.

Oh yeah, upon loss of consciousness, Kizak grows about 18 inches in height as he reverts to "normal" form.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys makes an annoyed growl-y noise as she catches the falling water dragon. Then sighs, notes the presence of gills, and starts hauling Kizak to the nearest portal into the ocean. To whatever guard or servant is stationed there, she'll ask, "Where does he live? Or, if you don't know, find someone who does."

Anyone paying particularly close attention - which at this point is probably nobody at all - will note that, once Alys gets out into the water, she shifts her own form a bit to add gills and webbed feet. But she doesn't look at all happy about it.

Once directions are acquired, Alys swims off, dragon in tow.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

During the hug since Solten always initiates touch telepathy when they touch. "The thief stole something important and I'm a dog, how could I resist playing fetch?" She jokes, tail wagging. "Besides as queen it would be rather irresponsible of me to allow a thief to steel a trump from one of my guests while at my ball now wouldn't it?"

"Oh and you're taking me to the park later to throw a ball around. I need some time just, well being a dog of the non police, war or rescue variety. This is supposed to be my house pet time. I... used to rotate between responsible and house pet, guess that's over now. Of course I have something new now, something much better I think. Though talking about that in this form might be weird for you so um... Did you have fun on your adventure?"

Before Solten manages to get out a whole thought in response. "Actually... It is later isn't it?" Wags tail excitedly and jumps up on Solten and licks his face. "Walk time!" She demands playfully.

Priscilla not actually involved in the purely mental conversation. "Will you be going with or without your leash?"

Sadie: "How did...?" looking at Priscilla in a curious fashion then turning back to Solten. "Tell her without. I don't think it's appropriate now that I'm queen, sadly." Looks into Solten's eyes playfully. "Though we could play with the leash later, in private, in my other form if you'd like."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(Not sure I defined that, but given the story so far it makes sense, sure. Also, must resist the urge to turn these threads in to bad jokes in poor taste...)

At the start of this, Solten was frustrated and worried and generally having a bad day. But as anyone that's had a big dog can tell you, they have a way of melting all that away and making you smile. Even when they can't talk. By the end of this rather 1-sided conversation, he is laughing and scratching her head. To Sadie: You have certainly become the dog since I got back, I'm sure it wasn't hard for her to guess. He turns to Priscilla "Not tonight."

He pushes Sadie off of him and says out loud "Well, shall we go do something completely unimportant for a change?" With that, he stands up and heads for the entrance, breaking into a trot, then a run as Sadie follows.
Solten
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Also my declaration that it's not completely mental mind-meld, but also the fact you can both communicate in a canine language. Between the two of them, you can talk rather easily.)