07.07g: Workshop Outside Space

The goings on of courts
Veyska
Lunatic

Re: 07.07g: Workshop Outside Space

Post by Veyska »

((Say? Heck, Asai just wanted to snoop. :lol: That and she was kinda' the one who was holding the doppelganger captive.))
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(OOC: Sorry about that. Solten is pretty much in resigned "try to learn everything" mode, that's why he ran through. But he doesn't know enough about most things to make useful comments or questions. So instead he's attempting to look important and not-ignorant while following the apparently important goings-on. Didn't help that I was completely confused by Odin's response to Nuall's question and too busy to ask about it until yesterday.)

Solten's mouth quirks at this exchange. "Dworkin makes some... interesting decisions," he says, half to himself. He turns to Odin "Please, explain to us simpletons what was worth such a breach of orders."
Solten
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

(OOC: I was having a chat with Joshua about this earlier and thought I'd share with everyone else. Nuall is not having a good night here. As you've noticed, he has some serious concerns about security. At least from his perspective his concerns were dismissed. Then events happened that convinced him that he was dead right...and again it was dismissed. He tagged along to learn what he could about the real situation. When he tried to raise questions, he was (at least from his point of view) dismissed as an ignorant child...which is all the more painful because it's true. So right now he's kinda acting like a spoiled kid because basically he is a spoiled kid.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"By Logrus!" Oagthack starts pounding on the walls of the forcecage. "He stole the jewel! Ripped it out of the serpent's head. Took our leaders, all lost, my clan destroyed because of his blasphemy! How dare you not mention that!" The spell cracks slightly, but a bit of maintenance should be able to fix that. He (it?) seems to be shifting to a slightly anti-magic version of himself.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai gives the sphere a faintly disappointed look and strengthens it with a twist of her tail. "At least the proverbial monkey in the middle knows what he's chasing after. Here, one side tells nothing and the other side assumes the monkey already knows why it's there. This monkey," she says this with no trace of irony for the similarity in form, "can't help but wonder whether the truths and answers she's chasing after beneath all these obscure references are mere bananas or alchemical hand grenades or something even more dangerous." The comment doesn't seem to be directed at anyone in particular, addressed to the air as much as anything...
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin furls his brow. "Yes, I suppose it's time. Of course, it's important to note how dangerous the newcomers are to you." He walks over to the forcecage. "Just as one can charge oneself with Logrus, one can do so with pattern. Angels-"

"Demons!" Oagthack will object.

"Very well, demons are, or were all marked by logrus. To some extent, still touched by it." Dworkin shrugs, "Let him go..."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall leans on a workbench, trying very hard (and with limited success at best) to look casual. His hand "coincidentally" ends up right next to one of the aforementioned implements of destruction.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai's tail uncurls abruptly, almost a lash save in that once unfurled it gently settles back down on the chair's seat, leaving the would-be lash unfinished and off balance... The sphere fades out of existence in the space between one breath and the next with even less fanfare than it materialized only a short while ago.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: I assume this is what people wanted to see. ^_^ )

Dworkin grabs Oagthack with his bare hand. "Pattern and Logrus don't like each other, and here..." Oagthack screams as his body starts to catch fire. (And yes, it's still water.) "Pattern is dominant. Now, who were you working with?"

Odin objects, "Come on, we can see that he's no threat."

"Who?!" Demands Dworkin, "And why didn't you tell Odin?"

"What?" both Oag and Odin will ask... although Odin is the only one who seems innocent of this.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Okay, well, I have a few ideas for this. There's no way Oagthack thinks he's getting out of this. So... For those of you who are in this thread, you get a vote:
1) Oag demands trial by pattern.
2) Oag is executed for crimes against Amber (perhaps endangering Odin, a guest of Amber)
3) Oag is pardoned for his crimes against Amber, and is executed for his crimes against the Clans of Chaos.
4) Oag is let go, knowing there's a trump of him in Amber.
5) some other ploy...

I'm partial to 3 honestly, but 1 is also fun.)