07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Wyvern »

Alys tilts her head curiously, apparently unfazed by the threat of superheated steam.* "Warden?" she asks, and then waves it off, "Nevermind. Probably not important. No issue; I simply came over to introduce myself and perhaps ask you for a dance."

_____
* Those with at least low-ranked warfare may note that Alys tenses momentarily when Kizak breathes in - preparing to forcibly aim his head in a direction (probably up) that's free of bystanders. When Kizak chokes it back, she relaxes again... or at least returns to her normal stance, which isn't quite the same thing.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(Removed to avoid confusion, as the scene has changed.)
Last edited by coldcandor on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: yeah, sorry about getting ahead of things...)
(Kizak is tense and nervously looks between Sadie and Alys, "I... If it's okay with Sadie... I dont' know who has the authority, but if Alys wants to dance... I'm not sure I should turn her down.")
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

(OOC: Ok first off, GAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! Ok sooooo, the dragon basically reared up and got ready to BREATHE A BREATH WEAPON and no one thought it a good idea to consider the possibility Sadie might (might being an understatement) OVERREACT? OK that out of the way. Talked to Alys about how best she could prevent the dragon being straight up attacked... so here's the scene pretty much right after the dragon starts to enter an aggressive stance and before he even begins to take in a breath to breathe.)

Sadie's pupils dilate as far as they can go then suddenly turn to pinpricks in the manner of less than half a second as her focus shifts entirely to Kizak with one intent to stop him by any means necessary before he can even begin to exhale. Fortunately for Kizak, Alys was prepared for such a scenario and in a surprise move cold cocks Sadie and knocks her out of her episode before it reaches it's otherwise inevitable conclusion. This is fortunate in that it may have saved Kizak's life, but unfortunate in that, it looks like Alys punched Sadie for no good reason.

This causes the guards* to leap into action with Alys as the target. Sadie regains her composure before anything can happen however, and commands the guards "STAND DOWN!" She then immediately turns to Alys, "Thank you." She says in a very sincere and appreciative tone, and bows her head in thanks. "As for you!" Turning to the dragon pointing a clawed finger. "Please refrain from hostile actions in the future I almost did something we both would regret." She then turns back to Alys and in a less than thankful tone as if just realizing the dragon was acting in fear rather than aggression. "And what did you do to cause his reaction in the first place?**"

* Josh feel free to edit any guard reactions as necessary.
** Subtext "It almost caused me to kill him!"
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys... looks slightly shaken herself, by this point, at least to anyone with psyche above human. Still, when she addresses Sadie, her voice is steady. "Calm down. This is likely more my fault than his; it has been an age since last I spoke to a dragon, but still, I should have considered that there could be a strong reaction to my presence."

She turns to Kizak (whose name she *still* hasn't gotten). "And it doesn't seem that that presence is helping matters here; perhaps we can speak later when the situation has calmed down some? Or, you are welcome to attend the festivities at Ht'gon tomorrow evening - though I would like to make it clear that is an invitation, not a command."

And, unless anyone else has anything to say to her, Alys will beat a strategic retreat to the refreshments table.

OOC: Kizak should have enough psyche to read between the lines, here; Alys is somewhat disappointed in him - particularly that "I'm not sure I should turn her down" line - but willing to give him a second chance, if he chooses to pursue it. Or, willing to totally ignore him if he doesn't; while she'll be happy to talk to him later this evening, she doesn't want that to happen simply because he felt obligated to do so.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Kizak shudders... "I'm dead, she's gonna eat me..." Then sharply bites his tongue. He will bow to Sadie, "I beg forgiveness. I mistook her from something else." He will actually swallow the steam at this point. (Taking the pent up energy as damage to himself... which is fairly obvious to anyone watching.) "I do not wish further insult but if it's okay, i'd-like-to-curl-up-in-a-corner-and-die-peacefully."

He will look over to Solten, "Can you take me someplace out of the way? I need to renew my form..."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"I'm sorry." She apologizes to the dragon. "Yes, Solten dear, could you please help this dragon." Turns towards the dance floor, closes her eyes, and breathes in and out with long deep breaths. Almost in a state of meditation.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell approaches Sadie, "Mi'Lady, perhaps a change of scenery?" He offers to dance, and will lead her to Dance floor 1.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(OOC: I chatted with Wyvern about this, but thought I'd post it here for anyone reading: If you intend an action sequence, such as the inital reaction of Kizak to Alys' presence and her follow-up, please send a quick IM to other players involved in the scene before posting, as it is quite possible that their reaction isn't exactly what you expect. Thank you!)

Given when Solten entered the scene, I will stick to the simple route of him arriving at the group just as Alys is departing. His traversal of the room, however, is definitely not as... restrained... as previously posted. At least until enough has passed to easily see that there's no real danger and Alys wasn't attacking. His mental state is not the most stable, so he misses the early cues that his warfare level would normally pick up. So, with that...

Solten arrives at the group at a fast clip, but no longer rushed, and glares a bit at Alys' back as she walks away. He tone has a slight growl to it, but is otherwise friendly as he says "Sadie, glad to see you well. Greetings dragon. I couldn't help but see you in discomfort and came to offer my assistance. I am Solten."

(Insert Kizak's response to Alys leaving, and Sadie's follow-up)

He'll continue in the same tone as before as he leads Kizak to the main entrance. "Nonsense. No one is going to eat anyone tonight. Now where do you need to go to recharge?" Once they are away from the crowds, assuming Kizak didn't go underwater at the first opportunity, Solten will turn to him with a complete shift in tone; now angry, though not aggressive. "What the hell was all that about? You realize you almost died, and not because of Alys? My apologies, but dragons are not exactly on my good list right now. Every time I encounter one, things get out of hand, and fast."

He calms himself. "At least you had the control to stop yourself. That probably saved several lives. And I'm not exactly myself at the moment either... Let's try this again." He smiles, and it's at least mostly warm. "I'm Solten. It's nice to meet you."
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Kizak will attempt a smile... Once you get into private he will collapse in a coughing fit, tiny traces of blood on his hands. "I swallowed my breath. It's like setting fire to my lungs." He will take about half a minute to get his proper breath back.

"I'm sorry. I thought... Hunters eat other dragons to gain power. She's too young to have gained that power any other way... And she demanded I meet her tomorrow..." He will slowly calm down... (slower that Solten...) "I know it's not my world, maybe they make dragons stronger here."

Finally, the other statement will hit him. "Wait, Lady Sybaris isn't the top... predator...?"