07.07e: Seating Area

The goings on of courts
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

07.07e: Seating Area

Post by coldcandor »

This is a section of simple portable chairs set up to provide people with a place to sit and relax (or be wallflowers). Currently Sadie is sitting here after the bombshell from Dworkin.

Solten heads over from the refreshment table a few minutes later. he doesn't say anything, just takes the seat next to Sadie, letting her know he's there.
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.07e: Seating Area

Post by Sadie »

Sadie sits there with Solten for a minute in silence. After a bit she looks at him, eyes a bit sad. "Things are really going to start getting hard from here on out aren't they?"

She sighs looking down at her hands. "This will effect everything... Including us... I think... I think I miss being just a dog. If it weren't for you, I think I'd rip off this dress, go back to normal and just run as far as my paws would take me."

Looks back to Solten. "I'm scared Solten, really, really scared. I'm responsible for a lot of people, and if I make a mistake lots of people get hurt. The littlest things I do have consequences, big ones, ones I won't understand and likely won't be ready for."

Shakes hands in frustration. "I'm just a dog, a really smart dog, but a dog none the less. I'm not meant to be a Queen... I'm meant to have a master and follow him. I'm meant to work for and help people, not command them... I save people from drowning, I don't command nations..."

Looks up at him pleadingly. "Please Solten... tell me what to do..."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai is perched in a seat a few yards away, nursing a glass of something whose contents seem to be comprised of deep red and bright turquoise liquids that refuse to blend for more than a few seconds at a time - it smells of something vaguely fruity and not at all alcoholic, but beyond that it's hard to be certain. Some aura around her dissuades most of the ballroom attendees from engaging her in conversation or the likes - it's not a prickly sense of danger, nor a sense of "I'm not here, ignore me". More of the "I'm distracted and thoughtful" you might expect out of a researcher or scholar in a library, where they're simply part of the background decor and atmosphere and life proceeds around them. The effect is largely the same here, despite the wildly different goings-on.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten pulls Sadie close in a protective embrace. "I don't know what's going on here, any more than you do. I don't know how these courts work, and from what I've understood, we aren't even part of the same one. But I'll tell you the same thing I told your odd little aide: I'll do whatever I can to keep you safe and to understand this place. If it helps, you can think of Dworkin as the master still, considering he pulls the strings for all of us, like it or not. All I can tell you to do is be strong. Use your years of training helping the people to help point police forces here in the right direction. And from what I saw briefly on the dock this afternoon, Alys and Reuben could use your help in that arena. I can't be your master here, but I will always be a weird trump card contact away if you need advice or help."
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie nuzzles in. "I... Dworkin doesn't act as a proper master should... I wish I could look to him that way but I can't. He hides too much, tells too little and directs too rarely."

"And I'm sorry, sometimes I forget you're in the same position I am and worse yet, I forget that you've lost your past as well. I'm being whiny and selfish, I'm putting too much on you."

"How are you handling things?"

"Does my new position bother you any, change things in any way to you?"

"The trip, you were there for me, you spent most of it tending me. I must have looked horrifying and if it wasn't for this illusion my eye... it's still really bad. Did that, does that still bother you any?"

"You mentioned my aide, did she bother you any? Do anything to offend? To impress? Do you like her, hate her? Because if she bothers you I can find someone else. I just liked her myself is all and she's been through a lot and I felt deserved a chance to be a part of something good with real friends... Which I'm not being by offering to get rid of her so easy... So I change that, tell me all I asked before but know now, I'm not getting rid of her so easy."

"If anything is bothering you at all, please tell me, you're always here for me, even when most people would turn away in disgust. So please if I can help you with anything at all no matter how small or frivolous tell me and I will do all in my power to take care of it."

"I love you, Solten. I know this is quick and probably too early to be saying such things, but I'm a dog, reservations of the heart do not suit us well. So there it is. I do not expect the same, so you do not need to respond to that. Just know it is how I feel."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten doesn't respond for a moment, thinking this through and stroking Sadie's back.

"Seeing you hurt that badly... it bothered me very much. I don't know if it's normal to get attached to someone quickly or not, but you've been the bright spot of my time in Amber. Never lose that enthusiasm or purpose, but at the same time, try to temper your actions. Like it or not, we're both very important now. To each other and to this place. You bring out a side of me I didn't know I had, and while I love it, it's easy to get carried away.

"I can't say I've had an easy time of it, but it's been worth it. Priscilla helped me to see that. We had quite the intense conversation after that bath, you know. She's yours completely. She doesn't exactly think the most of me, but her history (I'm going to assume he and Sadie traded at least recaps of what Priscilla told them during the time before the ball) is hard to overcome. We've come to an understanding, though, and it would be evil of me to try and force her from you. Especially since I think I like her. To have been through so much and end up here is an impressive feat, to say the least.

"So don't you worry about me. I'll get answers from Dworkin, then we'll figure out what to do about it." A small stiffening of his arms betrays his supposed lack of emotion towards his missing past, but only a little. They soften again soon after and he rests his forehead on top of her head. "I do not know what the preconceived notions of love are, but I know that you're the best thing that's happened to me. I only hope I can reciprocate that."

(OOC: Since this is a midly public area, Solten is trying to avoid the direct topic of his memory, but if Asai's hearing is keen, her psyche would let her easily catch on.)
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie nuzzles him lovingly. "You go get your answers, I'm going to head over and talk to Priscilla for a bit... I've noticed she's had a rough time of it today." Turns his head with her hand gently and gives him a long loving kiss. "After I'm done there I'm going to head over and talk to the... dragon. Large lizards seem to be... something that bothers me lately it seems... I'll get better though. Just need to face it, especially if he's to become a resident here. Good luck in your pursuits with Dworkin I hope you find all you are looking for. Know this, however, dearest, I don't care who you were, I care who you are. Who you are is the sweet, passionate and virile man I love." And with that she heads over to the refreshment tables with Priscilla.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten returns the kiss, then chuckles. "Poor girl, she has no idea what she's gotten into with the two of us."

When she mentions the dragon again, he tenses for a second, then gives himself a mental shake. "Yes, of course. Go do what you need to do. Just like anything else, I'm sure not all dragons are the same."

As she walks away, he mutters to himself. "And I will do what I need to do." Not delaying any longer, he gets up and heads to Dworkin's Nook.

(OOC: re-reading that, it could sound kinda cold and/or distant, but it's said warmly, acknowledging that she needs to do this on her own.)
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Random NPC interaction with other NPCs.... oooh... Mysterious...
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall returns from his chat with Dworkin. His normal cockiness seems to be missing somewhere. He walks over to a chair, lays his hands on the back and takes several deep breaths. He looks around the room and considers his next move.

After a few minutes he drifts over towards the refreshment tables.